icon

06 malibu door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mad_urban 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2008 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have looked through the forums and haven't found anything like this so here it goes.  Abour 3 or 4 months ago, i installed an alarm (door locks, shock, lights, etc) on an 06 chevy malibu.  Everything worked fine for a long time.  Then the customer returned and said that the locks stopped working.  I checked and the locks don't even work at the switch anymore.  I checked all of the fuses and found one blown 30A fuseable link that was supposed to control the power windows (which never stopped working) and replaced it.  I couldn't find any other problems except that the locks still don't work at all, neither at the switch nor with the alarm.  I tested the wires on the switch and i have a black that is constant negative, and a gray that is constant negative.  The white wire that is supposed to send out the negative pulses at different resistances only sends signal when the lock is pushed, but the car does nothing.  I am out of ideas, does anyone know what the problem could be.  It seems strange that the alarm would cause any problems after that long of a time, but i want to make sure it's not my doing before i send the customer to the chevy house for repairs.  Thanks.
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
i did an alarm on my wifes 05 malibu back in 05 so thats three years ago with no problems. could the resistor gone bad? aside from a fuse that would be my next guess. even if the alarms door lock output stops working it should not interfere with the switches.
gcorrea

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic