icon

audi a6 aftermarket radio w/bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1siks13 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
i am in the process of installing the aftermarket radio in my audi a6 all is well everything works but i had to tap into the spear harness with a ground from a speaker wire on my pioneer deck and the remote wire to what is labeled switched power for the onboard amplifier. I also have a signal wire to the common ground on the same harness from on of my preouts. the only proplem is my radio has no memory and neither does my dash. Everytime i shut my car off the dash resets itself on the trip meter and my radio resets all its settings
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like the memory wire from your afttermarket is not plugged in the correct  place this site shoudl have a wiring diagram for your car. if not google it
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Check to make sure that if you are using the VW/Audi harness that you pay attention to the fact that on some of the Audi's and VW's they transpose the +12V constant and +12V switched wire on the harness.  Metra part 70-1787.  This harness uses the RCA outputs from the Pioneer deck for your front and rear speakers when adding an aftermarket to the Bose system.  Blue/White should be connected to Blue/White of your Pioneer deck only.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic