icon

an alarm, 2008 nissan frontier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

there is no horn wire at the BCM, the wires coming from the steering column are going to be your best bet. It's easy to find once you take that bottom cover off of the steering column. The only other place to get it is at the IPDM under the hood. As for your lights, try looking for a harness underneath the driver's side dashboard near the diagnostics plug. It should be taped up if I remember correctly. There should be a wire there that will test for + parking lights (I want to say red?). it's an unused 4-8 pin plug for use with towing.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
red (+) parking lights @ trailer wire plug left of column. horn (-) brown dkp right below ign wires. if you need help let me know i do preloads for 3 nissan dealers and do at least 5 frontiers a day plus all others.
dannyboy972 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, thanks for the great information. I am trying to install a crime guard 750i5 now on my 07 frontier crew cab se. I am running into problems with the igition start and kill wires. On my wiring diagram, I have the think gray wire in the kick panel but the light green wire is in a different connector on the door panel and it is a thinner wire, is this the way it is supposed to be?
I am also running into problems finding my door pin wire for my driver door which is listed as GREEN/ red at the BCM, I do not see any wires with that color scheme. Am I missing something?
Thanks for any help.
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2008 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Dannyboy, do you refer to the light green 2nd starter wire? if so, that wire can only be found at the ignition harness. odd, I know every other wire you need is at the kick panel. As for the driver's door trigger, it is definitely at the bcm, or you can just grab the domelight supervision wire to catch all doors (also at the bcm). unlike most fords, the domelight supervision wire in this truck will not delay, it turns off as soon as the doors are locked, so don't worry about an error chirp when you arm your system.
here are your doors:
front left - GR (gray), pin 47, 15 pin white plug
rear left - P (pink), pin 48, 15 pin white plug
front right - LG (light green), pin 12, 40 pin white plug (towards middle of connector)
rear left - L (blue), pin 13, 40 pin white plug (towards middle of connector)
your lefts will be right next to each other, as will your rights. remember to diode isolate.
as i stated before you can use the domelight wire for an all door trigger, to avoid diodes.
domelight - B (brown), pin 63, 15 pin black plug
Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic