icon

2005 avalanche hu upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2008 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone installed an after market hu in this vehicle without using a harness? my cousin doesnt want to spend the $75 on a harness that will only keep the chime. he has no on star but does have the steering wheel volume controls that he really doesnt use or need anyways. im assuming this particular year uses a factory amp, correct? i still havent gotten my hands on a avalanche so i would really appreciate a stereo wiring diagram as i couldnt find one on the forum. thank you.
gcorrea
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

does he plan to do the install himself?  The module doesn't only retain the door chimes, but also gives him acc turn on, and if I'm correct, allows the computer to think everything is healthy.

The factory amplifier is located under the center console.  If it's a Bose system, you can install an aftermarket headunit without the module, but why?  Kinda like putting new rims on a car while using the 5 year old tires to wrap em.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic