icon

alpine or pioneer, double din receivers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djhammy2002 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone. I have a questions for everyone.
I'm planning on putting my system into my new car in a few months. And since my new car can take a double din (2002 Nissan Altima 2.5S), I decided I might want to take out the existing Alpine CDA-9885 that is in there and replace it.
The unit which I am looking at are:
Alpine IVA-W205 with the Blackbird navigation and iPod/bluetooth. Pioneer AVIC-F900BT with iPod...Possibly a Pioneer AVIC-Z2, but lets keep that in the back of our heads.
I want to primarily use iPod, and the navigation is a nice feature. But I am also going to be running MTX amplifers TE604 and TE1501D. Two MTX 12" 8500 series single 4 ohm subwoofers, in a sealed box. And Alpine DDrive 6.5" components all the way around.
Now given what I want to do, what do you think would be the better unit to go with.
Comments and discussions are fully welcome. Please provide full thoughts, experience and opinions on these units.
Thank you in advance.
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

go and buy an AM/FM casset made by audiovox, then send me the difference so I can finish my system....lol alpine or pioneer, double din receivers - Last Post -- posted image.

djhammy2002 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for serious replies please.
Good one though.
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

considering all the reviews on the Pioneer F900BT, stay away from it.  I even got a few reveiws e-mailed to me from my area reps and they all said the same thing.  Considering my last few posts about Pioneer, one might say I hate the brand.  I actually like the brand, I like the looks, but this last year's crop of head-units from them have been absolute @!#$.

Go with the Alpine 205 and add the blackbird.

However, since I'm an Eclipse dealer, buy the AVN-6620BT. 

djhammy2002 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input. And actually since I do work in the Circuit City Roadshop, I do get accommodation for Eclipse.
I just wondering what works the best with iPod and audio controls, but also nice interface.
So now Alpine, Pioneer or Eclipse.
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

You can send me your 9885 when you get a replacement!

I vote (to stay away from) Pioneer.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

I would stay away from the Pioneer, especially if you're using external amps.   The Pioneer only has 2V preouts while the Eclipse has 5V, plus the sound of the Eclipse will blow away the Pioneer.  If you're using the an iPod, you'll appreciate it.  The iPod interface on the eclipse isn't as flashy as the Pioneer, but it works without being awkward, and they put the effort in that Eclipse where it counts.

-that AVICf900 takes about a week to boot up each time you start the car.

-the Eclipse has a larger screen

I might think of more later, I'm a CCer too, btw.  If you can get the Z2, the hard drive is nice, just make sure you get the firmware update to fix the startup glitches they've had.

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
w205
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

The two main things I love about the Eclipse AVN-6620, is the ease of use with an iPod, and that it has two disc drives.  One drive is for your CD's and DVD's, while the other is dedicated to your Nav discs.  You never have to pull your nav disc out, so it almost acts like an internal hard-drive navigation.

basketthis69 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed some of the Pioneer's and the new F series avics are horrible. Very slow boot-up time and compatibility is few and far between to get it working properly. Normally, I am the one to encourage people to buy Pioneer over other units because they usually do so well with their production. I personally like the D3 more than any of the others that they have produced.
Eclipse is always great. Older units are a little slow with the ipod integrated box and such. But, they're great units over all and I'm sure they have done better with the newer models as far as ipod controls go.
Alpine won't be a bad choice either. They are great units. Make sure you are getting a new model because of the features that have changed so rapidly in the past couple of years as far as ipod controls and integration go. Great units though!
Cliffnotes:
Pioneer - no
Eclipse - yes
Alpine - yes
Installer for life.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic