icon

power door lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fixmydamnford 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2008 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
I got a universal power lock kit (ebay) and i want to lock/unlock the doors by pulling/pushing any of the locks, just like i can by pulling/pushing the drivers door lock. is that possable? its a pickup. is it as simple as adding a 5 wire actuator in the passenger door as well?? I didnt pay much attention to what kit it was, but i can findout ofcourse. It has an option to add a mommentary contact switch to either lock/unlock, but i would rather not have an "out of place" button like that.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
More info, please.
1. What kind of pickup? Where are the existing locks located on the door?
2. What was included in your universal power lock kit? How many actuators and are they 2 or 5 wire?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
fixmydamnford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
93 yota p/u without power locks, hence the kit.
I got 3 2-wire actuators and 1 5-wire. It also has a module and keyless entry remotes. It didnt come with a wiring schematic, or anything really, just parts in a box. I plugged it in, and everything works, I just want to for example unlock the pass door and have the drivers door auto unlock when i do that. Possable or what? just splice in another 5-wire lock instead of using the 2 wire?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
You're right on...add a 5-wire actuator to the pass. door and it will do what you want it to.
I don't recall exactly where the locks are on a pickup like that, but you might consider adding a switch if they are way back by your shoulder. It gets old having to reach back there all the time to operate them, and you could use an original switch from a donor vehicle to cosmetically match the interior.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
n2ixk 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2008 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Just finished installing a similar setup on my PT Cruiser today. The driver's door gets a 5 wire actuator, and will unlock all doors when opened manually. Normal lock/unlock is handled by the outputs from the alarm, and I added a manual lock/unlock switch on the center console.
If you want to control all the doors by opening any single door, you need to install 5 wire actuators at all doors.
fixmydamnford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Cool!! Thanks a lot! So, where can I find a locking tailgate handle?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic