icon

Are Alpine Type R Subs Any Good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justincobb09 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Im trying to buy a new system and ive been looking at buying 2 alpine type rs and putting them in a ported box and i was wondering if they would slam. So if you could give me any advice id appreciate it. Thanks
chillin420 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
i love them i have 2 12s in the hatch of my civic and it soulds awsome. have good sq imo also...
you can do it....
advanced MECP, lol does it really matter....
patience is a virtue
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
There great I have 2 12s in a 2 cuft box vented the box isn't sealed so each sub can have its own space to breath but they are great alpne said the sub should have 1 cuft its self I believe but other posted that these subs love more space but I haven't put them in a larger box than 2 cuft combined
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
they are a great subwoofer for the money.
Stillwalkin...1 cu ft net per sub vented is WAYYY too small for a 12" type R. Your performance is greatly hindered. 1 cu ft net is what I would do sealed...but I never go sealed.
Hell smallest I'd do for Type R 10s is 1.5 cu ft net ported
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I know:( its a 16 1/4 space fom the trunk bottom to the back of my 6x9 and I didn't want to have the box all sticking out all crazy sliding and stuff so I had to either go with a box that fit or go fiberglass and in a older deville fiberglass don't look right. But yeah I coulda had a bigger box . Its weird how alpine gives it specs for the subs but they can go in bigger boxes wish I had known that before I redid the trunk but oh well. Here's the box I used
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Bass-Slammer-Dual-12-Unloaded-Vented-Enclosure-BS212V/sem/rpsm/oid/119725/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
alpine's spec enclosures suck...they just write down some small enclosures so people buy them...Most people don't want a big ported enclosure for a single sub in their trunk.
With that enclosure you are hindering the low end a lot. I'm sure I could get louder and better sound quality with a single 12 Type R than that prefab
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
alpine's spec enclosures suck...they just write down some small enclosures so people buy them...Most people don't want a big ported enclosure for a single sub in their trunk.
With that enclosure you are hindering the low end a lot. I'm sure I could get louder and better sound quality with a single 12 Type R than that prefab
Yeah the other sub box I was looking at was to big to fit in the car neatly so it was either get new subs drop a sub or buy another amp. So I just got the bigget box I could find and not have the box all weird lookin in the back of the trunk
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic