icon

2006 dodge ram diesel .

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fozzie1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

Quick question... 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Diesel with a Viper 5701.

Was installed professionally. They used the Viper's built in pulse timer thingy. They set it for 45 seconds, giving the diesel time to warm the glow plugs. Well in the warm weather you don't need 45 seconds. I would prefer this to be connected to the "wait to start" wire in the truck. The alarm has a wait to start wire, but everywhere I check  online it says refer to directed's faxdocument which explains to use a pulse timer. Other places have specified that on 2002 and up you shouldn't directly interface the remote start wait to start wire with the wait to start wire in the truck. Is there a reason for it? I have called the installation place they will not connect it directly to the trucks wait to start wire because directed says not to.

Just wondering how true this information is, no one ever gives a reason why not to connect it.

Its a pain setting the RS for 5 seconds in warm weather and 45 seconds in cold weather. Most of the time in the winter you only need a long wait first thing in the morning. After that it doesn't take long before it can start.

I did look into the Directed XK532 interface module. It supports D2D connections with the 5701 and does have the Wait-to-start status. If this does the trick i would purcahse this item!

Any info would be appricated

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

on many newer trucks there is no wire really to speak of that can even be tied into. it is not recommended to try to tie into the wait to start light as many of them are multiplexed outputs from an ecm. what i recommend is that your installer find the glow plug relay under the hood and tie onto the trigger to turn it on, or the side that sends power to the glow plugs, send that to a relay to convert the polarity, and out of the relay to the glow plug input of your remote starter.

fozzie1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like a good solution. Too bad its my buddies truck and Tweeter did the install, they did NOT do a good job on it. I will have to call them to see if they know how to do it. They didn't connect the tach wire and was hoping the virtual tach would work fine. It didn't, 2 out of 5 times the truck wouldn't fire up completely. Had to bring it back once already.

If the wait-to-start is a multiplexed output from the ECM then the Directed XK532 module via D2D should work with the "wait-to-start/glow plug status" through the ODBII connector.

In any case I will see what Tweeter says to try and keep his alarm/rs under the warranty. If not I may do the module for him. I did the 5701's in my wifes SUV and my Truck both came out 10x better then his Tweeter install. (not to say all Tweeters suck but this one did!!).  The left the "hidden" key for the bypass module sticking out the kick panel. 

Thanks for the info!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic