icon

2006 chevrolet aveo, compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clint cart 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm installing one of these in my 2006 Aveo in the next week or so and I can't seen to find any reviews on this starter: http://www.compustar.com/main.htm
I bought it off Ebay (I know, I know...).
So have any of you folks installed one and if so are they any good?, I also bought a: https://ifar.ca/en/products/flashlink_series/key-override-all/
Incase I need it, some say I have one others say I do, hope it works out aswell.
So I guess any input into these products would be great.
Thanks.
Clint.
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
WWW.http://www.compustar.com/main.htm
WWW.https://ifar.ca/en/products/flashlink_series/key-override-all/
Hope that works for the links...
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm... I think I'm in trouble. 2006 chevrolet aveo, compustar - Last Post -- posted image.
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
It's an OK unit, very basic, about 500 ft range. the control is a single one button type, easy to get into valet mode on that remote and not noticed till you go to use it and you think it doesn't work. Overall great unit for the price which is dirt cheap.
Cris
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well keep in mind since its an entry level piece. Compustar has the modular design that allows you to buy the new RF kit for an upgrade. THought you would like to know that.
"dont ground out!"
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
Good to know thanks. I hope it goes well, first time installing a remote start so questions may follow. 2006 chevrolet aveo, compustar - Last Post -- posted image.
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2008 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked mine up to the white wire at the coil, I think it's wrong, I haven't had time to run out and buy a volt meter (Daddy daycare).
I have a Compustar CM4200 VD brain. When I press the button on the side for it to learn tach it does nothing, I looked at the grey plug on the firewall for the white wire but theres 4 (I think) if someone is able to pin point this for me you would be forever in my debt.
Thanks in advance.
Clint.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2008 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
According to the Audiovox Tech website, they say to use any injector wire. generally there will be 2 wires for each injector. There will be one color that appears on every injector. Do not use the common color wire. Use the other wire on one of the injectors.
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
So I checked my tach wire and it reads 1 volt at idle and increases as the RPM's increase. I press the tach learning button on the side and still nothing happens, on relay click, nothing telling me what could be wrong. I cycle the key 5 times and valet mode activates (or deactivates) 2 clicks for the relays and cycle it again and I hear 1 click, then two seconds after 2 more clicks of the relays says my keys in the ignition, I do it again and take the key out altoghether and it does the same thing...
I'm loosing my mind!, I need any help I can get.
it's a Compustar CM4200 VD brain.
clint cart 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Changed the tach wire to the white wire in the grey plug on the fire wall inside the car (drivers side). I't a much stronder tach signal but still nothing. It's not in valet mode and it won't go into ready mode to start with the remote.

Any idea's?.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic