icon

2009 toyota camry airbags

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
derkdiggler2 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
I was about to start an install on a 2009 Toyota Camry, part of the install will be sound deadening material for doors, floor etc. My concern before I start is air bags. I understand the car has 7-10 airbags placed around the front drive and passenger area. I already know not to mess with wires with yellow tape. During installs sometimes one needs to run mic or ant wires up thru the window pillors etc. These areas possibly have airbags thus I would have to remove a panel which might have an airbag. Is it best to work around these areas or is someone familiar with areas (air bags locations) to stay away from?
Another concern was that airbags are installed in the sides of the seats and if I needed to remove the seats would this be a problem?
If this info is already on the forum can you please direct me to the thread? Thank you again
Thank you
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

i am not sure about ALL the airbags in the new Camry, but... if you're running wires up and down the pillar, dont remove the panel. Simply pull the weather stripping and run the wires on the back side of the airbag. this will be obvoius when you pull out the rubber. I would definately be EXTREMELY careful not to impede the deployment of an airbag...EVER... however; that being said, for peace of mind i'll tell you this. an airbag is a very powerful controlled explosion. A small guage mic. wire wont even wiz it off during deployment. (And before the rest of you guys say anything.....I know.....but sometimes encouraging a bit of confidence goes a long way toward success and peace of mind during and after an install, especially when your new). Hopefully someone else can advise you about the bags in the seats. More than likely, you can accomplish your task without having to remove them.

Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic