icon

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged  
So many questions! Question 1 was obvious, manufacturers do not like having to stock 1000 parts for their products. They attempt to use a part that they can use in several places, so they can cut down on parts ordering.   Question 2 and 3 kind of went together to narrow down whether we needed a PNP or an NPN transistor. General reason for all the questions is, I am trying to help you figure out what kind of transistor you need to purchase to get your alarm working again. We can wait a day to see if anybody is going to have an alarm that they are willing to remove and disassemble to get you the number. There were going to be some more questions before we can figure this out. Do you know what case style the transistor is? Page 13 has 3 possibilities Or it could be a larger transistor. Chances are it is an NPN transistor. Radio Shack does sell several that will work in this application. Try Here You try one of those and I will attempt to repair the Crystal Ball that Howie sent me, and if the alarm is still giving you trouble, I can Gaze into the ball and get you a part number and possible vendor.
gurj1979 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

I'll make it a bit easier for u guys. I've included a pic.

It's a SOT-23
I have no idea if its NPN or PNP. Most likely an NPN - I cross-referenced it with something I found on the net. Here's the link... http://parts.digikey.co.uk/1/1/749410-transistor-npn-12v-100ma-sot-23-bsv52-t-r.html 
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/1014080-transistor-rf-npn-12v-sot-23-bf-771-e6327.html
Might help you guys to distinguish what part it is.

I live in UK, and we don;t have Radio Shack here anymore. They vanished over 20 years ago. But, we have www.maplin.co.uk they do loads of electronics stuff. i need the part to be small as possible so it can be soldered onto the existing solder points on the board.

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start - Page 9 - Last Post -- posted image.

GeniuSys
gurj1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Here is another link to what the markings on SMD's mean.
http://www.tkb-4u.com/code/smdcode/smdcodeR.php
GeniuSys
gurj1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Could the SMD Transistor marking possibly be "R1A"?
I have checked with NPN with Maplin Electronics and cross referenced it with SMD Codes (link in previous post). If I'm right, the blown SMD Transistor "R1A" is a 2N3904. Correcet me if I'm wrong. But I hope I'm right, cuz I can buy the part tomorrow for pennies (I'm from UK, so we use pound/quid and pence/pennies).
GeniuSys
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

are there any other transistors with similar marking

i usually would take a swab and wipe it with flux cleaner on the end

with a good magnifing glass you can probably read the numbers

gurj1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 4:32 AM / IP Logged  

Oh for god sakes guys. I know electronics to some extent, OK. But please don't try to patronise me by asking to do things as clean it with cotton swab - which I have already tried. Transistor is clean and has a hole in the middle. The only character visible through a magnifying glass is the letter "R".

As I mentioned be in the post, this is the ONLY transistor with this marking

If nobody has a good enough answer, then I don't want to hear about it because its wasting my time.

Can't ONE person just take the cover off his RS-4LX and get the number for me? There's got to be someone who has one at hand (in a shop).

GeniuSys
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
We apologize for wasting YOUR time.
gurj1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  
Well I only want a simple answer. Just the value written on the SMD Transistor. I will do rest of the work in locating a suitable replacement.
GeniuSys
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 27, 2009 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
We can wait a day to see if anybody is going to have an alarm that they are willing to remove and disassemble to get you the number.
Maybe we have to wait a week.
Page of 9

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic