3 kicker cvx or 3 infinity perfect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ianedward1 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

Ok this has been racking my mind.

I cant decide whether to go with 3 10" Kicker CVXs or 3 10" Infinity Perfects. Both have pro's and con's to me but I cant really decide on which I want. Both these speakers can be used in small sealed boxes (CVX minimum 0.8 ft^3; Perfect minimum 0.3 ft^3). I am placing them behind the seats in my single  cab truck, and yes I have done my research on mounting depth etc, and the will have boxes of approximately 0.8 ft^3 each. I want to be able to just completely beat down which I know the CVX should be capable of, but I also want the clarity that the Perfect is known for. I guess is what I need to know is can the CVX hit clean and can the Perfect shake your brains out. Im looking to go over 130 db and if i broke the 140 db mark would be amazing. I just dont want to reach that at the expense of not being able to tell where one bass note starts and the other ends.

Head Unit - Pioneer P80MP
Sub - 1 10" Soundstream T-5
Amps - 1 Kicker KX400.1, 1 Legacy crap 2 channel
Door Speakers - Audiobahn 600V Components
Box - Custom by Southern Sound in Statesboro, GA
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure you will be over 130 with three of those 10's...but also the enclosure is most important.
If you want to loud than small sealed is not the way to go. Everyone wants loud and clean...but there are compromises...you can't have a small box 140db and really good SQ all together.
ianedward1 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2008 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
I know there are alot of sacrifices by using such a small box but i dont have to much of a choice working out of a single cab truck. The Perfects are supposed to be capable of being used in a box as small as 0.3 ft^3 though. I just wonder how much SPL they could create and how would the SQ on the CVXs be in that limited air space. I know its not really an easy question to answer unless someone has seen these subs play in such boxes.
Head Unit - Pioneer P80MP
Sub - 1 10" Soundstream T-5
Amps - 1 Kicker KX400.1, 1 Legacy crap 2 channel
Door Speakers - Audiobahn 600V Components
Box - Custom by Southern Sound in Statesboro, GA
schizophrenic 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Clarity is also achieved in enclosure design. Take the time to tune by ear to accomplish your goal.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic