icon

viper 5501 guide

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonlipka 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone on here had access to the Directeddealers.com site and could get me the installation guide for the brand new Viper 5501 remote starter?  I realize the install guide may not be out yet.  If that is the case, could you get me the install guide for Viper 5301 remote starter.  I imagine they are pretty similar installations.

Thanks!

flybyu 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
to the top. i'd like one also
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

This should provide you with the information you need.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=710

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
flybyu 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
thats the 5701. which is security and remote. but it should be close. thanks
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
As I said, it should provide you with the information you need. It's more than close. Regarding the R/S portion, it's exact.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
tfrain 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

I just had the responder one installed by a dealer and I think they don't know what they are talking about.  Does anyone have the guide for the 4203V - responder one - what I need is the programming  info which woudl be different since there is no alarm to chirp and only 1 button. 

The guy said it didn't do ignition on/off and clearly it does.  Also the dome light stays on until I open/close the door after disengaging the remote start via the ignition key to on - Viper said they need to get a pulse from the door or something (I called them yesterday).

Additionally, they just coiled the antenna wire up under the dash which the manual EXPLICITELY states not to do, so I think that is affecting my range.  

On that note - what kind of range can I really expect?  Viper said 500 to 1000 feet regardless of interference.  Is it unrealistic to expect to be able to start the vehicle from inside the target or grocery store?  That is not two football fields away by any stretch.

If it won't start it from inside a store, then would the 5501 or 6901 which supposedly have 1 mile range be able to do it?  If so, would it be easy for the dealer to swap modules?  (IE are the harnesses the same?).

Sorry for all the questions - I should have installed the thing myself but figured I'd get a pro to do it to save myself the 2 days of getting through it all - but alas....

Thanks for any replies!!!

smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

Has anyone got a Installer Guide for a Viper 5301 Remote Starter they can upload or copy for mailing???

I had on installed by B--- Buy but they did not give me the installer guide. I was wanting it for the menus and how to program additional remotes.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic