the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 silverado, ungo rk1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

I've been searching through the forums and I find a number of questions about the GWR wire but I can't seem to find anything about the GWR and the Ungo RK1 so here goes....

I'm putting in an Ungo RK1 Keyless and Remote Start system in a 2003 Silverado this weekend. I'm using a DEI XK01 module to integrate into the BCM of the truck and I was curious about which wire the brown wire of the XK01 (GWR) would connect to on the RK1.

Of the numerous wires, the few that make sense include: a  blue (-) 200mA status output (located on the 7-pin "remote start ribbon harness" of the RK1); a blue/white (-) 200mA 2nd status/rear defogger - latched/pulse (on the 5-pin "remote start harness H3"); an orange (-) 500mA armed output (on the 12-pin "primary harness H1"), and another blue (-) 200mA status output (on the 4-pin "remote start auxiliary harness"). The rest of the options don't appear to be viable options; however, I've been wrong before!! LOL

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and/or reply!!!!

big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
never did an ungo, but either one of the blue(-)status out puts will due. the wire should go to ground when the remote start engages so the brown wire on the xk01 sees ground.
well?
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
Excellent. Thanks for the fast reply. I will be doing this RS system this saturday and I'll update the post then.
Fosgate3 
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing an Ungo RK1 keyless and remote start on a 2003 Silverado. I'm wondering where the wires that are used for the power lock/unlock. All the documents I seem to find on our forum point to a lt.blue wire and a white wire in the BCM. I found a lt.blue and a white wire in the brown BCM plug but they don't do anything when the lock/unlock button is pressed. Shouldn't there be a positive pulse?

Thanks in advance.

i think a wire's loose somewhere...
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
use the xk01 for locks on the '03-'07(classic) full size GM truck platforms
Fosgate3 
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I think I misunderstood the nature of add-on modules. I was looking for a lock wire and an unlock wire. After looking at other posts here and elsewhere, I realized that you dont need those in this application--the XK01 will do it all on it's own, apparently through the vehicle's data wire. Technology is amazing...
Fosgate3 
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

Everything works but now, the dome light will not come on when you open the doors. I never noticed if this was an issue before but it seems that the light should come on with the opening of the doors. It works fine for domelight supervision with the keyless... just not when you open the door.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
did you try turning off the domelight override pushbutton?
Fosgate3 
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
No I didn't. Sorry to sound ignorant but I didn't know there was such a beast! I'll look around. Aside from that, the keyless/RS system works great!
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
It's right next to the headlight switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic