icon

2002 accord, security, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
 I am having problems getting the security to to disarm while remotestarting. The problem is it seems to only does  some times. Anyway my question is for my lock and unlock wires i have going to the orange and blue/black, so i did a search and found out you can use your arm and disarm wires here aswell. So do i need to use diodes
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

Behind the glove box in a green plug is a yellow wire. The plug is labeled G

The yellow wire is the ign. feed TO the security system. You need to "open" this wire with a relay, triggered with

ground while running. Cut the wire and put the plug side of the wire to pin 30, and the other half on pin 87a.

12V to 86, and ground while running to 85.

ervie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
no other way huh!!!!!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  

Uhm.... no.

I really cannot think of an easier way.

I am however, open to suggestions.

ervie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
what do you think would happen if i hooked up the arm and disarm wires to cars lock and unlock wires
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
stupid question but did you hook up the fasd wire
ervie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2008 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
ah what is fasd wire
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2008 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
factory alarm shutdown wire, its blue(-) on ex model is located at the power window switch, and lx is at the keyless/security module attached under drivers dash panel. not sure what color it is on ur rs unit cuz i dont know which unit u have, it allows u to keep factory alarm with aftermarket units
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
ervie wrote:
what do you think would happen if i hooked up the arm and disarm wires to cars lock and unlock wires
you can do this no problem. The way you hook it up would depend on the remote starter. You can tap you disarm wire into your unlock output on your R/S and hook that up to the unlock wire in the car. This will unlock the car, however after you remote start the car. You would then have to relock the car after it starts. Some R/S units have a programming option to lock after start, some don't. If it doesn't, you will have to use either a (-) starter output with a diode inline from the R/S brain to your lock wire, or the 12v+ starter output with relay to change the polarity to (-) and hook that up to your lock wire. This way, once you remote start the car, it will relock the doors.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic