icon

remote start ,02 grand am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nick m 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

I recently aquired a Pontiac Grand Am (2002) and it has a DEI remote start in it.  I found out it was there and working when it started automatically after the battery was reconnected in the car.  I only have  a factory remote with the car.  Pictures are posted from under the dash.  I am assuming the small box is the passlock bypass and the larger box is the remote's module.  Does this brand/setup look familiar to anyone?  Any suggestions on what's next in getting it to work with the existing remote or do I have to aquire a DEI type remote ?

nick m 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
**Please include your images in your post. Thanks in advance.**
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
it is a DEI now there might be 3 "boxs"/brains in there from what i can tell on the pictures try to see if you could find the biggest one that would be the brain of the alarm the one that i saw on the picture is the XCRS relay pack there should be another "box"/brain that would be for your pass lock and the main "box/brain"would be a bigger than both of them once you get that you should be able to see the model of the unit should be on the bottom left once you get that you should be able to get the correct remote
nick m 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
thanks, I will keep looking. 
nick m 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
I found the following modules:  Valet 562T, DEI model 5552, XCRS exreme capacity relay satellite 1000M.  I did not locate a valet switch yet.  Any favorite spots on a Grand AM?  I found a owner's guide online and it looks like the unit came with two remotes.  Any thoughts on replacement sources or can I program the factory remote to work the unit?  Thanks, Nick
nick m 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

Installed valet switch today and programmed new remote for the system (Valet 562T with 4 button remote model no. 474T).  Unlock button does not work, Power lock works, truck pop works, remote start works.  I see some applications require a relay to operate the unlock mechanism.  There is a relay wired in under the dash but I am unsure if it is for the unlock.  Does this problem sound like a programming issue or a hardware issue?

Thanks. 

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like hardware
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Unlock on that vehicle is (-) through a 1500 ohm resistor, lock is a straight (-) trigger.
Most likely IMHO the problem is that the resistor used going to the unlock has broken or otherwise become disconnected.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
nick m 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
I see the wiring diagram shows a blue wire as the (-) unlock, I will look for the resistor to be spliced into that wire and inspect it.  Thanks!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic