Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
robertn361 wrote:
aznboi3644 wrote:
Only other way a bandpass wouldn't be ported is if you used a passive radiator.
Also that is a 4th order bandpass...not really "seemingly dual chamber"...a 4th order bandpass must have atleast two chambers.
I guarantee that bandpass sounded like crap as all prefab bandpasses sound like crap.
I'm sure I could get louder and sound better with a single woofer and half the power than that POS bandpass.
Those subs are not 600 watts either.
They look like 12s...good place to start for a loud ported enclosure for them is 2-2.5 cubes each net tuned to however you like your response
Yes they are 600w each I'm looking at them right now. And yes it is 2 chamber. So how would I make them sound like they use to sound before my friend messed with them? They used to produce clear sound with lots of bass now they do not...
do you believe everything you read??
Those subwoofers would smoke in seconds with a real 600 watts to each of them...any sub that comes in a prefab bandpass is very poor quality...I'd say those subs are 150 watts each.
Also sounds like one was out of phase if you disconnected one of the rcas
Custom Enclosure Design
robertn361 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
do you believe everything you read??
Those subwoofers would smoke in seconds with a real 600 watts to each of them...any sub that comes in a prefab bandpass is very poor quality...I'd say those subs are 150 watts each.
Also sounds like one was out of phase if you disconnected one of the rcas
Why would they smoke and why would the manufacturer of them put 600w on them and on the package along with the papers for them?
robertn361 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Also how would it get out of phase and is there a way to fix it?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Manufactures overinflate the ratings so people think the more watts the better...and clearly it worked on you. You fell for the big numbers. It's advertising...why else do you think you can buy a "1000 watt" amp for 100 dollars from a cheap flea market company while a real 100-200 amp costs the same???
The subwoofers cannot handle 600 watts....nowhere close. 150 watts at most I'd say.
Phase check the subwoofers with any dc battery...9 volt, car battery....doesn't matter. If both subs move in the same direction than they are in phase with each other...if one moves in and one moves out than you need to rewire either one back in phase with the other.
Custom Enclosure Design
daburrrninator 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I remember back in the day when I used to oooh and aaah over Bandpass boxes, like the Qlogics they had setup at bestbuy. I listen to those now and think "why would i want that noise in my car?" I've never heard a properly built bandpass so I dont know what theyre supposed to sound like, but every one I've heard now sounds horrible to me, loud yes, boomy annoying bass, yes, good clean punchy bass, no way.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic