icon

2004 grand prix, remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fosgate2001 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I own a 2004 grand prix. i hooked up a viper 550 esp alarmremote start on the car i also hooked up the keysense wire also The alarm remote start work great but my problem is now the service theft system light display is on along with the service engine soon light wondering if theres a fix to this problem any help would greatly be appericated
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
The car cannot see two keys at the same time.
Humm...which I wasn't already tired or I'd try to make a more detailed reply........but basically, you'd use the keysense wire from the car, to trigger a relay, to interrupt the box with the spare key.
That way, as soon as you insert your key for takeover, the other key gets shut off.
OK let me see if I can write it all here.
1. Cut the car's keysense wire in half, and put a diode inline. The band on the diode should be connected to the "ignition switch" side, not the "body" side.
2. Leave the remote starter's ground-when-running output connected to the body side of the keysense wire......that is, AFTER the diode.
3. From the "ignition switch" side of the diode, that is, BEFORE the diode, tap in a wire and connect it to 86 of a standard relay.
4. Wire the relay like this:
86: keysense from car (ignition switch side)
85: ignition 2 from remote start
(you could just put constant power here to 85, but if you do, and you leave the car parked with the key in the ignition, the relay would stay on and drain the battery....so don't do that.)
87: Not used
------take the blue wire going to the bypass module, and cut it in half----
87a: one side of the wire you cut (doesn't matter which side)
30: other side of wire you cut
TESTING:
1. Remote start the car, and make sure it still works.
2. Before putting the car back together, insert the key into the ignition switch. You should be able to feel with your hand your relay click on, and also feel the bypass box click off.
RESETTING THE SERVICE THEFT SYSTEM LIGHT:
Cycle the ignition switch from Off to Run 7 times. The message should go away. The trouble code will still be stored in the car's computer for the next 99 ignition cycles, but you won't see the message anymore.
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT:
No idea on that one. If the check engine light is on, there may be some other problems. You could try disconnecting the car's battery for a few minutes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic