icon

choice for a 2 way remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sinkhole 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2008 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
One thing to keep in mind. Programming the XK531 can some times be a little tricky. I did a Viper 5101 with XK531 last week. The module did not want to program. I had to remove the chip from the module and hold it against the transponder ring to get it to program. The chip is hot glued in. If you run into this problem, just heat the hot glue up and remove the chip. Once programmed place the chip back into the module and heat the hot glue again to re-secure it.
Also during programming they want you to power up the ignition wire with a jumper. This can be a pain. An easier way is to temporarily hook the "wait-to-start" (Gray/Black - Harness H2/Pin 7) wire to ground and remote start the vehicle when you need to power up that ignition line. The remote start will power up but not try top crank as long as it sees (-) ground on the wait-to-start line. I've done this with great success on the Viper 5101, 5301 and 5701.
gunn1 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info on programming. I did indeed purchase the Viper 5301. Will be installing in the next couple of weeks once I map out where everything goes and find and test all the wires, etc.

In programming the XK531, I also read on this forum about wrapping a key in aluminum foil and just using it to power up the ignition. I was leaning that way. We only have two keys, so I was going to buy another and program the third key first, just to know how to do it and I can easily verify I did it correctly. Then I'll use that 3rd key to wrap in aluminum foil and stick in the ignition when it's time to power it up with the XK531 close by (sounds like *extremely* close by!).

Thanks,

Tom

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic