icon

astrostart, 2003 gmc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billmax 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
i just put in a astrostart on my buddies truck, it is a 2003 gmc sierra 2500, we used the astrostart rss-5224 and the by-pass modual xk01 with firmware amdl 6.00v.h1.s1.d2 the truck starts fine on remote but we can't seem to get the doorlocks to work. the manual is very poor in describing what wires to hook up from the astrostart to the modual. we bought this by-pass with the purpose of not having to go in the door panels. does anyone know what wires i need to hook up to make it work. i've put three prostarts in gmc with the gmdl modual and had no problems. this one has me stumpted. thanks
billybob
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
You need to hook up the Blue from the astrostart to the Blue on the XK01 and the Brown to the Green. The Blue/White and the BROWN / White from the Astrostart need to be grounded. The WHITE/ Blue and WHITE/ Brown are not used.
billmax 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2008 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
thankyou very much. to cold to wire it now. -35 makes sense that it should work. merry christmas
billybob
billmax 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
i put a astrostart rss-5224 in my buddies 2003 gmc 4wld auto trans pickup. i used the bypass xko1. everyting works great but he says that when he remote starts the trk it only shifts to 2nd gear, no higher, if he shuts it off and starts with key it works fine. i did hook up the 2nd ign wire. is it possible for the remote start to do this. any help is great. thankyou.
billybob
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
what wire did you hook the second ignition to? its possible you need to power (almost as sure as the sun will rise) that you need to power another wire as the second ignition or even add a third.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully there is no damage to the tranny.
billmax 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
what extra wires do i have to hook up for a 2003 gmc 4wld auto, i put in a astrostart rss-5224 with a bypass xk01 and the auto trans will only shift into 2nd gear. i did hook up the 2nd ign and everything else works great. does anyone have the wiring info on this. thanks
billybob
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Is the check engine light on, during remote start?
derekjbridges 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
there are 2 ignition wires the pink & the white that need to be hooked up and also 2 accessory wiers that need to be hooked up the orange and the brown.  I beleive the shifteng problem is coming from the second accessory wire not being hooked up
-nosnvln-
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Actually the brown wire does NOT need to be hooked up and the shifting issue is from the second ignition wire not being hooked up as an ignition (or not at all). This is common. Make sure to get it corrected immediately!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic