icon

new remote starters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gasflame 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so my wife and daughter both got new used cars last week and both want remote starters.  The one is an 07 Merc Milan, I know it uses SecuriLock.  The other is a 07 Ford Focus.  I have put in several remote starts over the years but have been away from it for a while.  What would be\ which brand would be a good solution.

Thanks

Chuck

A Blue Flmme is Best
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
you can't go wrong with DEI although I usually us Prestige by Audiovox......The Prestige units are just as good and cost a little less.  Both companies make a Securlock bypass kit as well.......Hopefully you currently have 2 working keys for each vehicle....since you have experience with remote start installs the 2 cars you want to do are pretty straight forward except you have to deal with the securelock thing
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Whatever you do, stay away from Crimestopper. I've had to send 4 out of my last 5 units back to them and they were less then compassionate customer service wise..
After doing some research I'm going to give the Compustar's a shot.. More specifically the 2W900RM, 2BSHLED, and 1WAMR's.
paidnfull 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Clifford, Viper, Ungo
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I just did an 07 milan with an xk04 bypasskit it was gravy,let me know if you need help finding any of the wire.oh yea I like autopage a lot they are easy to work with and haven't had any problems with them. I have done dei stuff but sumtimes they have remote issues,
well?
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

tbird2340 wrote:
Whatever you do, stay away from Crimestopper. I've had to send 4 out of my last 5 units back to them and they were less then compassionate customer service wise..
After doing some research I'm going to give the Compustar's a shot.. More specifically the 2W900RM, 2BSHLED, and 1WAMR's.

definitely agree with the compustar 1wamr.

damn good system we're selling tons of them. great range for a one way and very reliable, very installer friendly. if you're just looking for a basic one than there's no easier one to install than the comp.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
I like the Audiovox stuff myself. they carry two types, one with a small single button remote and one that works directly off your factory remote. Both are easy to install, and both cars you are doing are easy cars. The Milan has to be one of the easiest cars there is. There are many bypasses out there but the easiest one i think is the DEI 556sw, 3 wires and a ring. It think it is discontinued but they have them on Ebay for 30 bucks.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
jinstall wrote:

tbird2340 wrote:

definitely agree with the compustar 1wamr.

damn good system we're selling tons of them. great range for a one way and very reliable, very installer friendly. if you're just looking for a basic one than there's no easier one to install than the comp.

This is good to hear! Do you use Compustar for 2 way as well? If not, which do you use? If so, are you happy with it as well?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

compustar P2W900FMAS installed on 02 camry. working great, no problems, range is amazing and its sure easy to install. i like using DEI units as well, but prefer compustar. this is my list that i have used/installed and order of the most fav ot least.

1) compustar

2) dei
3) code alarm/avox
4) autopage
5) scytek
.....10) china alarms that my people make, which i must agree are crappy units written in engrish

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2008 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
you know i also had a lot of problems with the crimestopper family. too many problems. DEI autopage. omega. even scytek works well. just do stay farrrrr away from crimestopper oh micro gots some really good ones too.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic