icon

2007 dodge charger door pin problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
perroh 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

So I installed a Crimegaurd 750i5 for a friend on his 2007 Dodger Charger....

I was able to find all the wires except the door trigger for the front passenger.

Now looking on this forum, I found a wiring diagram for 2007 Charger that stated PURPLE as the doorpin. Then I found another diagram that had four different doorpin colors, diode isolating them all. Well I found 3 of the 4 and cant find the front passenger doorpin and I need help getting this done. Maybe a picture of the wire or something?!?

I found that Purple wire in the driver's kickpanel but it only triggered the alarm when the drivers door opened.

One more thing.... can somebody please direct me or tell me how to wire the resistors for the doorlocks on this vehicle, I've never used these resistors on a single wire doorlock system, thanks.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 23, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
The individual door triggers are the 'best' way to go, but most of the time I just grab the positive dome light trigger and set the alarm to ignore the dome light delay (lazy I know). Are you grabbing the door triggers behind the cluster? The front passenger is listed as PURPLE / white.
The door locks are pretty straight forward...just think of them as negative triggers, but you are adding a resistor inline to ground for each function. I am not familiar with your alarm but most offer a low current negative pulse output for door locks. If that is the case wire your relays like this:
Door Lock:
Pin 85 Negative door lock trigger output from alarm
Pin 86 Fused +12V constant
Pin 30 Ground
Pin 87 Insert 330 ohm resistor inline with out side to PURPLE / dk green
Door UnLock:
Pin 85 Negative door unlock trigger output from alarm
Pin 86 Fused +12V constant
Pin 30 Ground
Pin 87 Insert 100 ohm resistor inline with out side to PURPLE / dk green
There are quite a few posts throughout the forum that get into suggestions on how to ensure the connections are good (solder is a must IMO) and the resistor does not break. Have a look through the forums and you will see a lot of good suggestions.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
Re grabbing the dome light, Kar Tune Man and I once discussed this:- if the dome light goes out within three secs of arming your alarm, then go for it. If not you've got all the wires from the body control module, doors trunk and possibly hood  to wire as the infamous DEI 1076. As a sub plot the dome light on VWs and Fiats is BCM controlled and you can use it, trunk and hood go TO the module and you have to diode block them.
perroh 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2008 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
well, I found a PURPLE / white wire in the same plug as the front-drivers door-pin, but it didnt trigger the front-passenger door.
I looked in passenger side kick panel, found a PURPLE / white wire in the same bunch that the trunk-pin and that wasn't it either.
According to this wiring diagram
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2006-2007/Dodge/Charger/384.html
I have located the wiring colors but still have not came up successful?!!
perroh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

....any help is greatly appreciated...

I'm still missing the door trigger for the passenger front door. Good thing its my friend's car and he could wait or understands.

mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I always use the Dome wire in the pass front piller
test for the 3sec rule
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2009 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

i do those chargers all the time they are like how the old cultass was in the 80s you can either get them from behind the cluster or in the passenger kick. all you need to do is pull the passenger kick out and you will see a harness that looks like its looped down it should be in there. if you are still having a hard time pull the underdash on the passenger side down and follow the harness that runs into the passenger front door it will be in that harness since the trigger is built into the latch. and it is purple with a white stripe as stated.

jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2009 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
worst case for anything coming from the doors is to check the harness coming in from the door. the doorpin can also come forward from the b pillar. check the wires underneath the passenger step panel. whatever thje job that's always worst case.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic