icon

2007 dodge magnum, shaved door handles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok short and sweet. Use a single factory motor lock/unlock wire in each door that shows 12v for the function you want for that door. I don't have the actual color for each door. However, since there are only 2 motor lock/unlock wires in each door, it's a simple method of using a DMM to identify. Make sure you properly insulate the unused wire. Use that wire to drive a fused, relay circuit for the solenoid.
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Let me know how it works out for you.
threegpsi 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks again, I have run into a little issue today.

I was able to isolate the wires and use the lock and unlock buttons for the solenoids like I wanted. The driver pops when I hit unlock and the passenger pops when I hit lock. It works great, well did untill I remebered something. After driving and reaching 5mph the doors automaticly lock. Which in turn pops open my passenger door. Any idea on how to locate this safety feature and disable it?

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
man thats crazy i own a magnum and forgot about that. that is too funny did it get damaged or anything while you were driving. a dealer has to shut that feature off or there is a small possibilty you can change it your self,. if so the manual will tell you exactly what to do.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
threegpsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Naw I rembered before hand so I tested it in my driveway in a very safe way. So any ideas on how to disable it?
threegpsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Or even how to change it so the unlock button once will only unlock drivers and then unlock again will unlock the rest of the door. There is a setting for this in the EVIC system but my model did not come with that.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
use the second unlock wire from ur alarm assuming u have one, to drive the relay that is currently activated by ur lock wire. sorry just re read, realized ur tlkin about a factory alarm.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
You could wire up a relay to interrupt the lock wire in the passenger door and have it triggered by ignition. Basically just wire it up like a starter kill relay. So the door cannot pop open once you start the car. But then there ONE drawback, since you cannot pop the door open while the ign is on, a passenger may feel trapped if you go to let him out with the engine still running. Unless...you wire that door to a dash button like the rear doors. This button could trigger the relay just like the remote triggers the relay. But you would only want to interrupt the lock wire and not the wire from the button. So then you could pop the door by remote when the ign is off, but when the car is running, you will have to press a button on the dash(or wherever you mount it). Thats the easiest way I could think of to bypass the 5mph locking, anyone else have any ideas???
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

It should be possible to reprogram the RPM door lock function off. Otherwise, for something custom, I would need the service manual.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic