digital interface/protocols?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
howie II wrote:
To take this to it's giddy and rather ironic conclusion, there are 8 CH47 helicopters sitting uselessly in a field in England. They are much needed in Afghanistan but Boeing haven't released the servicing software!
Gay...I'd be doing all kinds of "social engineering" to get that software if I was the military guy working on those choppers. Hell, if the Nigerians can get people to actually respond with valid information, what's stopping me lol?
On the subject of CAN and J1850, is there anyone reading this who could post a link to documentation of those standards(hint: loneranger)? I've never found anything available on CAN for under $100 or so. J1850 I've read the data transmission protocol(well, for GM's Variable Pulse Width version at least), but never got a good read on the message codes for example.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
, as Ted says YOUR vehicle is pretty straight forward, the only part you would need would be a transponder by-pass. Read the posts and see what the pros and the smart youngsters tike Ted are using.

im flattered howie :)

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2009 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=chriswallace187]... However from what I understand of RS232, it's only a specification for the connectors and has nothing to do with the data itself to be transferred.[QUOTE]

It's actually a specification of the interface used for communication. It's a serialized interface. However, the protocols used for the interfaces of the manufacturers is not made available. Probably for security reasons, as any genreal knowledge of the protocol would easily defeat the "secure" mode. I know that ADS( Automotive Data Solutions) is working hard to provide compatibility with the D2D/ED2D protocol. I'm not quite sure what the E in ED2D stands for. I'm guessing it stands for Encrypted, as the newer modules allow their interface to be "secure" as well.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
I think we have to get friendly with Nav-TV in the US and Sailes Marketing in the UK!!!
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
I just received word from a friend digital interface/protocols? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. that the "E" in "ED2D" stands for "Extended". Select DEI modules now retrieve more data from the vehicle interface(bus). The aftermarket interface on select DEI modules offer "secure" mode, though. I guess their protocol is their encryption.
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
I spoke with ADS today. Automobility in Canada is the only authorized distibutor anywhere, with the iDataLink-D2D/ED2D cable. However, it will be available by February in the States I'm told. ADS has a firmware flash for the DBI(D2D/ED2D) protocol availble, if you want to experiment designing a custom cable.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic