2002 alero remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cgaetz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

Have been using this forum for info for a long time and appreciate it greatly! I have been installing starters as a hobby for a long time and we now do it at our business.  Have installed extensively before, but am completely stumped on this one.  I installed a titan starter in the 02 alero, 3.4 and everything seemed ok.  Sent out and got a call the next day, no start, was using a fortin int-sl bypass.  Had low battery issues, so put a new battery in and it seemed good, Next day, call, no start with key or r/s again.  Decided it was maybe the module, so hard bypassed the passlock with a resistor permanently, seemed great, took module out completely and gave to customer.  Called today, no start again.  Key or RS.  Will start if you unhook the battery and short the cables together (unhooked).  No security codes, security light is not on when cranking, just no start.  Help - worst problem ever had.

customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Did you do a starter kill/anti grind relay for it? If not, these vehicles from GM with the ignition switch in the dash are NOTORIOUS for the ignition switch going bad. (monte carlo, grand am, alero) They have many problems including tripping theft system, no crank, no heat, and mechanically not turning. The switch is usually 30 bucks at the junkyard and will probably take care of your problem. I would about put money on that's your problem. Good luck and you probably didn't do anything to thier car, just got unlucky (like i did once)
My rifle is my friend...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic