the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 g35x 12 volts + at the bcm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

Looking to install a auto doorlock module (KP's) in this vehicle, need to know where to access 12 volts+ at the BCM or very near the BCM.

Thanks in advance.

The search function is your friend.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Is the battery not an option?  Why take a chance on accidentally tagging a 12volt output wire of the BCM that may be limited in current, and taking out the BCM.   
myinstallguy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Found a very raw schematic. Please test & do not quote me on this.

Connector M118 pin 1 and Connector M119 pin 11. Sorry, no colors. I'll research it more, till then good luck. 

*Installer since '89*
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

It makes sense to tag a definite 12 volt source like the battery/12volts at the ignition harness - make sense that I wouldn't want to rob the BCM of current.

MrInstall -- lemme know what ya find, thanx for your help guys

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of automatic doorlock module? I've seen a handmade module for sale online (KPierson I think?) that locks the doors when you drop the car into gear, or when you speed up. Is that it?
That should take almost no current at all.
Anyway, at the BCM in the kick panel, there are several plugs with dozens of small wires in them.
There's another plug, however, with only three pins. Two medium size wires, and one larger one......WHITE/ black I believe.
I use that heavy wire for my power source for remote start in all my Nissan/Infiniti remote starters.   The remote starter for that car probably draws a good 1-2 amps. If that doesn't hurt anything, I'm sure your doorlock module will be fine.
Obviously, if the module you're installing doesn't have its own fuse on the harness, you should add an inline fuse, very close to where you tap for power.
That way, if your wire shorts out to something, your fuse will blow and your module will of course stop working, but the car will continue to run.
peterubers 
Posted: January 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your help -- yeah, it's KP's doorlock module.

His unit comes with an inline fuse -- so no worries on that.

Thanks for your help, I'll look for that wire you mentioned and use my DMM to confirm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic