icon

2006 ford escape pkfm not programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ben d. 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I'm just looking for some pointers on where to look next.  I'm installing a viper 5301 in my mom's 2006 ford escape.  Install went extremely easy and up until I was trying to program the bypass it went smooth as silk.. other than small gauge wires being a pain to strip and solder to but whatever.  So here's my issue.  I can not for the life of me get this bypass to program it is the DEI PKFM or PKFORD bypass module the upgraded version of the xk04.  I have everything connected to the PATS module properly and I have double and triple checked that.  I have the bypass connected to the 5301 via the supplied D2D connection.  At the PATS module I have connected the Tx , Rx, and Ignition wires from the bypass.  When I enter the programming which is pretty simple according to dei's instruction.  Insert first valid key until security light goes out. remove and insert second valid key until security light goes out.  remove key and remote start vehicle.  At this point nothing happens.  The vehicle goes through remote start but the Security flashes rapidly and the start up fails.  If i place the key in the ignition the vehicle will start and run like normal.  This narrows it down to an issue with the bypass.  I'm not exactly sure what to do with it.  Kind of kicking my self for not just using a 556uw.  Any suggestions on what to check next would be great or if anyone has had a similiar response.  The only thing i tried different was instead of connecting ignition for the bypass at the PATS I connected it at the ignition harness.. same result though.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I plan to contact DEI for some help but at the time their offices were closed so i basically just packed up my things and left the vehicle in the shop for the night.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
MECP Certified Advanced Installer CEA 191700
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

After programming, when you attempted to remote start the vehicle, did the module LED flash once and then turn on again for 3 seconds? If your not absolutely sure, reset the module.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
ben d. 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
i'm not absolutely sure to be honest.  even so the flash once then three seconds means it was programmed successfully.  which i know that it hasn't lol.  seeing as it won't work.  I have tried resetting and starting all over again and it still doesn't do anything.... i'm kicking myself for tucking that brain as far back as possible and looming everything so nice.  time to rip it all out and go into it all.  I'll try again when i get back to the shop tommorrow and see what the LED does.  Do i need to push the programming button at all before starting the procedure or something? because the instructions don't say it but I just feel like it should or something.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ya. You need to find out if the module is getting programmed or not.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
ben d. 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well got it working.  It wasn't being programmed in fact the led just did the normal on off that it does when sitting idle.  I tried removing the D2D cable and doing it wire to wire and instead of hooking the brown status wire to the status of the 5301 i just manually grounded it once i did the two keys and hit remote start button.  vehicle started box gave me the one flash and solid three seconds.  For some reason the data to data was not giving the PKFM the needed status output to tell the bypass when the vehicle was being remote started.  Buttoned it all back up soldered, taped, and loomed teh wires tucked teh brain and it works fantastic
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if anyone else knows this but the on the PKFM u have to hook up the orange wire to ignition, they dont explain that in the instructions...
ben d. 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
yea that's an odd one.  in the four page instructions it shows that the orange wire is N/C or no connection but mine came with a seperate sheet called the addendum that showed orange to ignition..  well it actually says to consult page three of the manual which only tells you about what programming procedure and what connector for the PATS the vehicle has.  i just jumped it right to the ignition ouput for the remote start.  Basically grabbed power, ground, ignition, status off right at teh brain and then zip tired the PKFM to the brain then loomed my Tx and Rx wires and ran them over to the PATS module.  Works like a charm definately glad i did it.  The funny thing was I was originally planning to hook it up Wire to wire and not use the D2D cable but the PKFM came with the cable and I figured hey if it makes it easier why not.  should have just done it wire to wire to begin with.  good thing is my mom absolutely loves the remote start.  she always wanted one and never got one and since in the past two years of me becoming an installer I decided to get her one for christmas.  very happy with the 5301 if anyone is looking for a nice two way remote start keyless i would recommend.  I was originaly going to get her one with security but was afraid if she didn't disarm the alarm and unlocked the car with the ford keypad on the door she would freak out when the alarm went off as the door opened.  so i just went with remstartkeyless. 
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
jhs1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

lsondubz

thanks for your post It helped me fix a 2005 focus pats issue that would not program as you stated the instructions don't tell you to hook up the orange wire  once the orange wire was hooked up it programed within seconds again thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic