icon

2 kicker 15l7s or 4 jl audio w3v3? he

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samuelsteven 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Right now Ive got (2) 15" L5s and a Planet audio VX2200D to push them. My buddy wants to buy them, so ive been looking for some upgrades, and this is what Ive come across, I need your opinion. Ok, heres what I've found, 1 guy is selling me 2 15"L7s with a Planet Audio TT2250D, which seems to have almost the same board as the newer VX200D that i have. So, I was gonna buy his setup, and put my VX2200 and the TT2200 each on one sub. The L7s are dual 2 Ohms, so they would each be wired at 1 ohm, which will suck out full power from the amps.Im getting this setup for $380!! Or i can just get the subs for $200. Obviously, then Id have to buy an audio battery to support both amps.
The 2nd deal i got, is to buy 6 JL Audio 12W3v2-d2 for $350 for all 6. I was just gonna use 4 of them with the VX2200D i already have, but they would be wired at either 2ohms or 0.5 ohms and I dont know if the vx2200 will be stable at 0.5 ohms, but it puts out 1700 watts at 2 ohms. I think each W3 is 300 watts RMS and 600 watts max. I thought that was cheap for all 6 W3s, or hell sell me just 4 for $250, but i thought for $100 more the other 2 were a good deal.
So, im asking you, which setup should i get? It will be going in a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS. Thats why id only be able to use 4 of the W3s. I can just resale the other 2. So, is it 4 12W3s and the VX2200D or 2 15" L7s with both amps? Im sure the amps put out at least 90% of what theyre rated, but if im wrong, please do correct me. Thank You
12vstunna 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
definitely jl man we all know kicker is for the uneducated rattling trunk guys that can tell the difference in sound quality
WHO NEEDS M.E.C.P ITS JUST A CERTIFICATE,OH AND I GOT THE SKILL TO PROVE THAT I DONT NEED ONE~XxX12vStunnaXxX~    X-Mobile Solutions
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
don't use two different amps
Custom Enclosure Design
samuelsteven 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
do u mean dont use multiple amps, or dont use two different amps? A guy here in tx thats in alot of forums told me they were the same amp, just newer model. He repairs amps for lots of people in the forums. What do u think?
12vstunna 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
4 w3's and one amp is the way to go
WHO NEEDS M.E.C.P ITS JUST A CERTIFICATE,OH AND I GOT THE SKILL TO PROVE THAT I DONT NEED ONE~XxX12vStunnaXxX~    X-Mobile Solutions
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
samuelsteven wrote:
do u mean dont use multiple amps, or dont use two different amps? A guy here in tx thats in alot of forums told me they were the same amp, just newer model. He repairs amps for lots of people in the forums. What do u think?
The question you have to ask yourself is whether you trust this guy's opinion enough to spend several hundred dollars of your money. Because if you do purchase the second amp and the combination of the two amplifiers sounds like something coming out of the south end of an Elephant (well more than usual in the case of the Kicker subs) then you wasted your money.
That Planet amp has a lot of power available. It should be more than enough to power either of the speaker choices you list by itself.
samuelsteven 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
You can even see the boards in the pictures on his website, hes highly recommended in multiple forums, I think hes trustworthy, check the links. Either way its not a waste of money and its nowhere near expensive for whats being bought, if i had the money Id buy both setups, just because they are both great deals.
TT2250D'd board
2 kicker 15l7s or 4 jl audio w3v3? he - Last Post -- posted image.
VX2200d's board
2 kicker 15l7s or 4 jl audio w3v3? he - Last Post -- posted image.
http://www.db-r.com/repairs/index3.html
http://www.db-r.com/repairs/index2.html
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
db-r is a good amp repairer...but I still wouldn't use both amps for the same purpose...Those amps are power houses too.
Custom Enclosure Design

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic