07 trailblazer, viper 571xv, xk01

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ralph_t 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I just finished hooking up the Viper 571XV to my girlfriends 07 Trailblazer. Everyhting works except for a few issues noted below. I would appreciate someone helping me out on this.

1.  I do not know for cetain where the Brown Pin 1 on the XK01 should be connected to on the Viper 571XV.

2. How do I get the rear doors to unlock.? Apparently the XK01 only senses the front two doors using the OBDII wire.

3. Parking lights. I don't know where to connect this to. The XK01 is supposed to do this for me but it won't work.  

4. When I remote start the car and put the key in the ignition and turn it to unlock the column the remote start does not disable. Because when I turn the key off the engine still runs.

Would appreciate any assistance on these issues. Thank you.  

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
ralph_t wrote:
1.  I do not know for cetain where the Brown Pin 1 on the XK01 should be connected to on the Viper 571XV.
to the blue (status) or the blue/white (2nd status) on the viper unit. those are the ground when running status outputs from the viper
ralph_t wrote:
2. How do I get the rear doors to unlock.? Apparently the XK01 only senses the front two doors using the OBDII wire.

might check your programming, the xk01 is supposed to lock/unlock all 4 doors and the rear hatch
ralph_t wrote:
3. Parking lights. I don't know where to connect this to. The XK01 is supposed to do this for me but it won't work.

the xk01 does not take care of the parking lights for you. you need to change the jumper for parking light flash on the viper from positive to negative, then connect the white wire from the viper to:
Parking Lights          GREY/BLACK          (-)          AT SWITCH     OR BCM TAN PLUG PIN E5
ralph_t wrote:
4. When I remote start the car and put the key in the ignition and turn it to unlock the column the remote start does not disable. Because when I turn the key off the engine still runs.

the remote start won't shut down until you depress the brake to shift the vehicle out of park. simply cycling the key in the ignition will not shut off the remote start
ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

another-kelly wrote:
ralph_t wrote:
to the blue (status) or the blue/white (2nd status) on the viper unit. those are the ground when running status outputs from the viper
This is how I had it so no adjustment neccessary. Thanks!
ralph_t wrote:
2. How do I get the rear doors to unlock.? Apparently the XK01 only senses the front two doors using the OBDII wire

might check your programming, the xk01 is supposed to lock/unlock all 4 doors and the rear hatch

Hmm. I checked the manual. There is only a reference for hooking up the domelight. Supposedly because any door that opens triggers the domelight to come on. Does this sound right?

ralph_t wrote:
3. Parking lights. I don't know where to connect this to. The XK01 is supposed to do this for me but it won't work.
the xk01 does not take care of the parking lights for you. you need to change the jumper for parking light flash on the viper from positive to negative, then connect the white wire from the viper to:
Parking Lights          GREY/BLACK          (-)          AT SWITCH     OR BCM TAN PLUG PIN E5
I got it to work! however it was a 50/50 chance as there are two wires of  the same color code (grey/BLACK/ ).

ralph_t wrote:
the remote start won't shut down until you depress the brake to shift the vehicle out of park. simply cycling the key in the ignition will not shut off the remote start

Noted, I noticed it does the same thing with my Viper 161 as well

One additonal question. When I press the lock and unlock or remote start buttons I get great feedback from the remote if the car recieved a signal but this is hit or miss. Sometimes I need to press the combo for remote start more than once and multiple times.

ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Oh I forgot. Does this mean that I need a new battery?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic