icon

2008 toyota tundra ultra start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2009 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra and installed a Ultra Start Model: 1280XR and everything is installed correctly but when the vehicle starts it starts fine then shuts down 10 seconds later and flashes 4 times, it will try to restart and does the same thing. The bypass is installed correctly, the unit keeps flashing 4 times and in the book i cant find out what the 4 times it flashes for, the vehicle is a automatic and the tach is programmed correctly too, i did a system reset and tried reprogramming the tach and it still does the same thing by flashing 4 times, has anyone ever had this problem with a Ultra Start remote starter? I am sorry that i purchased this unit because this isnt easy to program and not easy to install. Hope someone can help me out...
Thanks!
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
4 flashes indicates it's "Not in Reservation Mode". The R/S is setup for manual transmission or incorrectly programmed.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a key bypass or data interface for the theft system? Did you try running it tachless just to see real quick? I have used a bunch of these units and have been very impressed with ease of use and install, but I have seen a couple of bad units too. I would say out of the 30 units I have installed I have seen 2 bad units. If problems persist, check out ultrastarters.com and type in your zip in the dealer locater, and call them see if you can get them to plug in a unit just to see if it's bad. All I can suggest so far....
My rifle is my friend...
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much for all the help i will try it out Monday to see what i can find out.... Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic