icon

viper 160xv problems, 2008 colorado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ralph_t 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

I just recently installed a 571XV on my girlfriends 2007 Trailblazer. That install went great. A year to the day now I had a 160XV recently installed by a local bay for my 2008 Colorado. When I lock the door with the factory remote and try to remote start it using the aftermarket fob for the 160XV I always get a short single honk from the horn before it starts. This is kind of distracting and doesn't seem right. I also noticed that when I press the lock button on the 160XV  that my factory security does not arm becasue I don't see the red lock light on the dash flash. I don't notice any of these behaviors on the Trailblazer I just installed myself. Before I tear into this thing I was wondering if there is something I could check that may solve this without doing that. Thanks!

kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Check the factory alarm disarm but for your vehicle i don't believe it has one and will just turn off the alarm with the bypass module. Who installed the one into the colorado. I would take it back there if they offer a warrenty on it.
ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

I think I found something. I did a search on Xpresskit.com. It says that 2008 Chevy Colorado's use a XK06 in combination with a DLPKGM. I haven't seen anyhting like this posted in the threads here. Looks like no one has brought this up yet. 

I think the installer only put in an XK06 when they should have put in a DLPKGM as well to do the bypass. It has been a year since I saw the installer. They were adamant that they installed it right at the time. They are a DEI installer as well. I will run it by them and report back to yeeall.

http://www.xpresskit.com/Result.aspx?make=Chevrolet&model=Colorado&year=2008

In the mean time has anyone else run into this problem? The main issue is that when I remote start my Colorado the horn honks once before it starts. This to me would signify a passlock error of some sort.

ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

kassdog wrote:
Check the factory alarm disarm but for your vehicle i don't believe it has one and will just turn off the alarm with the bypass module. Who installed the one into the colorado. I would take it back there if they offer a warrenty on it.

It believe it has an alarm. If I lock the doors with the factory fob, leave the window down and then reach inside and open the door the horn will honk until I  press the lock button on the factory fob.  Its all strange because the aftermarket fob will also not rearm the factory security (red lock light will not come on). It's as if the OBDII wire is not connected and disabling the security. They must have used the older method of bypass which (if I have done my research correctly) used two relays and a resistor to do bypass. I believe this has changed for 2008. And the installer would not have known about it becasue I got it in 2007 when the DirectFax documents probably weren't out yet. I will check with them again to see if they are now square with DEI.

ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

I found a few other articles on the Coloradofans.com forums. Apparently the problems I am having are not normal because theirs is fixed. I think it's obviously the installer did not know how to do it.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9562&p=145931&hilit=160xv#p145931

ralph_t 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

I went to the installer today and explained my situation with this whole thing. They said they didn't have the correct parts for my car at the time so here is what they did. They said they did not use any type of bypass. Does this sound like $360 worth of work for a Viper 160XV?

1. Connect ignition 1 and 2 and accessory 1. 

2. Connect to relays and a resistor to bypass passlock

3. Connect power, ground and brake and hood switch.

4. Connect directly to the doors

They said that ther is no way to disarm/rearm a Chevy Colorado. Can someone please confirm this? Also a new problem has cropped up. Now if I get in my vehicle and lock the doors then manually unlock the driver door it will not lock again with the r/s fob. Also it unlocks all the doors instead of the drivers first. Can someone help? I feel like I was taken for a ride.  

robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

the only people who make a bypass that can control the alarm is idatalink

i do believe it unlocks the doors then rearms

for your vehicle i would charge 299 for the starter

125 for the bypass 45 for door locks and 25 if it has a alarm

so i would charge you 495 plus tax

so i would say 360 is deal as long as they do good work

you get what you pay for

audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

alot of GMs need to be locked with the drivers door open to rearm the factory alarm.  you can wire up the viper to pulse the door trigger wire and lock at the same time if thats the case.  i could be wrong about the colorado but its easy to test.  the trailblazer can be armed through the databus wire because that truck has multiplexed door locks.  the colorado has simple (-) triggers to the relays in the BCM from what i remember.  the guy should have sold you a system with built in alarm and called it a day. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic