icon

car audio magazine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well I have renewed my subscription/it was over last year of NOV. So I went out and bought Dec and just thought I would get the card out and renew for two years again. There wasn't one in there either so I thought just buy it again and I will do it in Jan and renew. We have 2 book stores in my town Hastings and tons of grocery stores and wal-mart that carry magazine no one carry's this mag any more? Or are they going out of business. Also I have tried there website and you can't find there mag to subscribe to. You can see there button that says SUBSCRIBE NOW/ HERE I click on it and i can get all kinds of other crap I don't want.
Anyone know if they are still being published or what the duce. I am sure someone on here gets it at the shop or a home copy. Just trying to see whats up or if there is another mag out there that has what I love.
Any input would be Rico Savvvy so let here it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

The following was copied from another car audio forum.   The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I have a subscription to the CA&E magazine for the last 15 years now. Last weekend I was wondering what happened to the quality of the mag, so I wrote the following email and received this disturbing answer. I guess times are changing. For myself the industry will never be the same!

Dear CA&E,
I have a subscripition to your great magazine for well over ten years now. I must admit I am dissapointed on the changes that have occured over the years!
Comparing the issues from the 90's and today I have several things that I personally miss.
1.) Simple to read black letters with white background. Now the pages are sometime hard to read with all the color!
2.) System diagrams is long since gone.
3.) I really loved the cartoon like drawings from the 90's.
4.) The choises section was one of my favorites.
5.) The yearly buyers guide really sucks compared to the one's from the 90's.
6.) In the 90's there were more pictures and effort put in the details of the featured vechicles. 
This is the answer I received:
Hi Paul,
Unfortunately, Car Audio magazine has ceased their production as of the November 2008 issue (was out on newsstands starting September 16, 2008).
Thank you for all the years of loyalty and support.
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
So does anyone know of any other magazine besides that stupid performance and sound one

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic