Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
piaband 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hornet 569T - Remote start only
GM Passkey 3 bypass (555G)
Ok, so I am having a terribly difficult time getting my remote start/passkey 3 bypass to work properly. So I have the remote start installed correctly as confirmed by the car remote starts with the key in the ignition. But it will not bypass the passkey 3 immobilizer when I remove the key. I tried 2 different brands and neither of them worked for me. My first was the Omega brand. I had all sorts of issues with this (the status LED wasnt even giving me the correct signals). So I went out and bought the DEI brand. It has much more detailed instructions. So, I installed it just like the directions say to, with all the necessary wires hooking up to the passkey 3 module (except 12v+ and ground). The status LED turns on when I activate the remote start, and turns off when the car attmepts to turn over (the radio and all accessories come on, but it does not crank at all). I also programmed it just like it says. The only issue I had was that there are 2 different purple data wires coming out of the passkey 3 module. But I tried both and neither worked. What am I missing????
davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  

as long as the car starts and your dash security lights are not flashing you should be ok.  

i know omega offers technical assistance or maybe some one here can get you a print out to find out any alternate wire colors if there are any.    also when you try one purple wire and it does not work, before you try the other make sure you unplug the unit and let it reset completely(brush a metal object across the prongs).  sometimes not reseting a unit can make it bug out and not work even if you do indeed have the right wire the second time around.

life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
piaband 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2009 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
davngr wrote:

as long as the car starts and your dash security lights are not flashing you should be ok.  

i know omega offers technical assistance or maybe some one here can get you a print out to find out any alternate wire colors if there are any.    also when you try one purple wire and it does not work, before you try the other make sure you unplug the unit and let it reset completely(brush a metal object across the prongs).  sometimes not reseting a unit can make it bug out and not work even if you do indeed have the right wire the second time around.

It does not start without the key. i did unplug the unit for 10 min between trying each wire to let the capacitors discharge. Thank you for the response.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic