icon

2005 gmc yukon remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

2005 gmc yukon remote starter - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. theres nothing wrong. i was just razzing you a little about the screen name, yet you drive a Yukon.

(huge gas guzzler2005 gmc yukon remote starter - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.) just struck my funny bone thats all 2005 gmc yukon remote starter - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image..

P.S. welcome to the forum, i look forward to any future posts or questions from you gogreen.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

We seemed to think that your screenname was GoGreen.  You know Earth Friendly, Hybrid Vehicles.  Solar Energy, things that a Yukon totally does not go with.  You did nothing wrong.

gogreen 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

We seemed to think that your screenname was GoGreen.  You know Earth Friendly, Hybrid Vehicles.  Solar Energy, things that a Yukon totally does not go with.  You did nothing wrong.

That's right my screen name is go green i am just jocking with ckeeler, i like his sence of humor and there is nothing offensive in his comment. my next dream car is a hybrid honda but for now i have no choice. i am no longer a fan of big trucks or old carburator junks.

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
so get this guys....the new 2010 emissions standards for comercial trucks (trucks built from this date on are the only ones that have to conform, older pre 2010 trucks dont apply) are so strict that reduce the emissions from them the manufactures of all those huge 18 wheelers have come up with this system. the trucks will have a separate tank much smaller than the diesel tank that will have to be filled with a chemical called "UREA". (no its not the urea that is in human urine haha) it is injected in to the engine in tiny amounts along with the fuel and when they burn together it creates ammonia which in turn changes to water vapor somehow in the whole equation as it exits the exhaust. yes there are still emissions but they are reduced alot by doing this. sounds kinda cool. the problem? the UREA is an extra cost to the driver at nearly $8 dollars a gallon and will have to be provided at all fueling stations across the country, and the trucks will still burn the same amount of fuel if not more! so it really doesnt solve anything, especially long term. the same amount of fossil fuels are still depleted and burned and have to be purchased regardless. its really just a bandaid for the real problem.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

ckeeler wrote:
... its really just a bandaid for the real problem.

If global-warming from CO2 emmissions is the real problem, how is it a band-aid? The technology sounds more like a tourniquet. Mercedes has been delving into Blue Desiel Technology, for some time. I believe it's supposed to be done through the cat-conv internally, with no resevoir.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
12vstunna 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
hey man dont listen to some of these cooky guys on here ok. heres my opinion i think you should go with a viper 2 way security system with remote start and should go with the module from directed. these products are very reliable and they are also user friendly as in other words installer friendly. they are very simple and as for the truck difficulty level its quite easy on those trucks all the wires exist right under the steering column behind the knee bolster ok .If you have any questions i can help i own a 05 silverado so i know the ins and outs on those trucks(escalade,tahoe,suburban,yukon,sierra,yukon xl etc.
WHO NEEDS M.E.C.P ITS JUST A CERTIFICATE,OH AND I GOT THE SKILL TO PROVE THAT I DONT NEED ONE~XxX12vStunnaXxX~    X-Mobile Solutions
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
Cookyness abounds!
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

If global-warming from CO2 emmissions is the real problem, how is it a band-aid? The technology sounds more like a tourniquet. Mercedes has been delving into Blue Desiel Technology, for some time. I believe it's supposed to be done through the cat-conv internally, with no resevoir.

well, first off ranger, who said anything about global warming? i didnt. the only person here who mentioned anything about it was you. i am speaking about the grotesque consumption of fossil fuels by this country. thats the real problem! i dont even know if global warming is from CO2 anyway (it seems more like a political idea more than anything else). as for blue diesel technology it was first thought of by the Swedes. and "Delving into it?" dude they already use this technology now, here! all comercial trucks from 2004 had to reduce emissions by a certain amount so all the manufactures went with an EGR system to reduce to NOX output. then, in 2007 all trucks had to meet the US07 standards and so all the manufactures of trucks from 2007 on now have whats called a "DPF" or "Diesel Particulate Filter". a DPF has a ceramic filter built into the exhaust system that catches all that nasty black soot from burning diesel. it has what is basically a catalytic converter right before that. what happenes is there are all kinds of temp sensors and pressure sensors before and after the DPF that monitor how hot, and how "plugged" the ceramic filter is. once the filter reaches a certain level of being plugged, a light on the dash starts flashing and the driver pushes a button. what happens next is there is another fuel injector AFTER the turbo just upstream of the exhaust system that starts injecting unburnt diesel into the exhaust and into the catalytic converter. it now starts to burn inside there and create heat, ALOT of heat. temps reach nearly 1200 degrees inside the CAT and DPF! with all the generated heat, the soot that is in the DPF is all burned off into ash and kept inside the DPF. once the delta pressure sensors see that the DPF is not plugged anymore the injector stops injecting fuel into the exhaust and everything goes back to normal again until the DPF is full once more and the process starts over again. (this process is called a "regeneration" or "REGEN"). The DPF will finally hold so much ash that it has to be replaced with a new one (they already offer remanufactured ones, they cost nearly $2500 new), which so far seems to be about every 150,000 miles or so. and finally......in 2010 in addition to the EGR and the DPF, yes in ADDITION, the manufactures will use the UREA system as well. the EGR only cut down on NOX gas emissions, then the added DPF systems reduced the amount of soot and particulate matter coming out of them, and now they have to reduce the NOX emissions again with the UREA system. there was a company or two like International, who didnt want to go with the urea system so they thought they would try whats called "massive EGR" which is basically just what the name says it is, but the power loss and mileage loss was so much that they have since abandoned that idea and will be using the UREA system instead. it all seems like pretty cool technology, but it still just a bandaid! a bandaid for the real problem, which is the fact that we burn way too much fossil fuel! so instead of a bunch of enviromentalist EPA people telling these truck manufactures they have to meet such and such emissions standards, and them dreaming up all these cool ways too do it, what if they told them..."you have to be able to achieve such and such mileage." what kind of technology could they dream up then to acheieve that? thats really what we need to be doing and striving for.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic