530t module, 02 focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
What does the actual switch look like under the passenger side switch?  I'm wondering if there are some NC contacts.

Good question! My North American passenger switch just uses copper contacts to activate...

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

I got a little further "reverse engineering" this thing...

Discovered which two terminals power the LED's (and I assume, power the switches too)...that leaves , I think 4 pins for the front pair of switches, and 4 for the rear (which won't be used) There is 1 more pin, I assume is for the relay output for locking window control from the other passengers...

Now! With it powred up, I learned that the switch outputs are negative...

But then it gets weird...

I figured, since there are 4 pins for 2 switches, it MUST be polarity switching outputs...1 pin to control up/down and another pin for express up/down...but it's not.

Each pin controls a up or down AND an express up or down...the 4 pins function like so; (colour identified)

ORG pin controls passenger UP and express passenger DOWN...

YEL pin is driver UP and express driver DOWN...

GREY pin is passenger express UP and passenger DOWN

GRN pin is driver express UP and driver DOWN

There HAS to be some determining differential for just plain old up and express up, but with each output controlling 2 seperate functions, I'm not getting it...

Can anyone 'see' some kinda pattern here that I'm missing?

Perhaps it's a combination with the OTHER 4 pins, except they look like they are seperated on the board...

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I'm looking at the power window wiring diagram of my '02 Focus, and it looks like both motor terminals rest at ground...and the 12V+ switches either/or for window direction.

My question is, if both terminals rest at ground, and the 530T applies 12V+ to one of them, isn't this a short circuit?? The factory switch disconnects ground from one side then applies the 12V+, but with the 530T tapped into the motor leads, will this cause a short?

Thanks

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I'm looking at the wiring diagram of my car, and it looks like both motor terminals rest 'open' at the switch...if they are both open, how is the 530T able to power the window motor by just suppling 12V+ to one of the motor terminals?

Thanks

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Just to clarify....the motors rest at open on both terminals.

530T only outputs 12V+, so how is a motor driven with an open motor?

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic