icon

where to buy pldata/gmbp, etc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado that I am going to be installing a remote start on. In my last truck (a 98 chevy) I used a PLDATA unit to bypass the factory anti-theft system and everything worked flawlessly. Being that the 02 uses the same anti-theft system and does not allow for any control of the door locks through the databus all I need is to bypass the anti-theft system. Thus a PLDATA would work perfectly.
However, I have been scouring the internet trying to find a place that still sells the PLDATA and cannot find one. My reading of the forum seems to suggest that a GMBP is a suitable replacement, but bypasskit.com does not sell that anymore. Where in the world are you installers getting these devices at anymore? I loved the beauty of the 4 wire hookup of the PLDATA (power, gnd, start input, and data) and really would like to find a unit that does just that. Also, back when I bought the PLDATA it was $50, so I am really looking for something around that price range if at all possible.
The closest that I have found to finding the GMBP is on Amazon.com, however the setup with the seller looks a little iffy.
Also in my search I have come across a few other companies that make a equivalent product. Fortin's GMDAPK3, idatalink's ADS-TBSL PL. How is the quality of these companies products? Links to where I can buy them?
If any has any links to a PLDATA/GMBP/GMDAPK3/ADS-TBSL PL or equivalent product for sale for a reasonable price please post it up.
Thank you,
Conrad
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2009 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

You can use a gmdlbp.

1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ended up finding a GMBP for sale on ebay for pretty cheap. Thank you all for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic