icon

looking for subs for a 2006 chevy crewcab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2006 chevy crew cab I have been looking at a under the seat downfire enclosure with 1.6 per chamber sealed. I really do not like seald enclosure but I have limited space and need the rear seat inplace. I am asking if anywone has any experience in subs in these enclosures and what will be the best type of sub for this app. looking for either 10" or 12' mounting depth is just around 6" maybe a little smaller. I will pick out the amp after I find the subs looking for a loud sub with great sound. sound quality is more important than loudness. if a loud sub sound like crap than what the use in having it. I was thinking maybe a mtx or kicker cvr if they will fit. any suggestions would be great. really do not care how much they cost if they sound good thanks in advanced
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Personaly i would go with 10s. You should be able to give them  more optimal airspace. Especially under the seat i find it is usually louder, deeper and cleaner bass using 10s over 12s in limited airspace situations like these. This is by multiple comparisons of the same brand in both sizes, both of my own and other systems.

looking for subs for a 2006 chevy crewcab - Last Post -- posted image.
wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

this is the sub Enclosure i was looking at can anyone provide some nice subs for this enclosure thanks

http://www......com/item_10797_Sonic+Sub+Box-+OCCHV15-10.html

possibly looking at these

http://www......com/item_13258_MTX+Audio+TR5510-44.html

not to sure they will fit

j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Links have been takin out. Do you have deminsions for the enclosure?
wheelerdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
  • Dual 10" Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure for 2005-2007 GMC Full-Size Crew Cab Pickup
  • 3/4" MDF construction
  • Black carpet exterior
  • Box volume: 1.6 cubic feet (per chamber)
  • Dimensions: 6"D x 52"W x 14.5"H
  • mounting depth n/a
  • sub enclosurte is from .....com  item number OCCHV15-10
  • j.reed 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: March 08, 2009 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
    That woofer doesnt look like it will fit. the mounting depth is 6 5/8" the total box depth is only 6". If it is made of 3/4 MDF that is only leaving you 5 1/4" of mounting depth.
    stang351w 
    Silver - Posts: 350
    Silver spacespace
    Posted: March 08, 2009 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
    you might want to check out the shallow mount subs....my kenwood shallow mount sub requires .6 cu/ft for a ported box...i think the 12" takes .8 - 1.0 and there only around 3 inch's deep. there not going to be the loudest out there but i like the sound of them. mtx also makes some shallow subs
    Tri County KustomZ
    certified installer
    j.reed 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: March 08, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
    If you are not able to build an enclosure yourself. You can also try Pro Box most of there truck boxes are designed with a bit of half inch under where the magnet of the sub would be to allow more mounting depth. They also usually do a pretty good job of better sounding boxes on the pre-fab side of things....... I just checked there site. Classic body style depth is 5" and the new body style is 5.5" You can also try the Kicker cvt it only a 4 3/16" depth for a 10" with min airspace of .8 cube per.
    wheelerdr 
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: May 01, 2009 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
    hey guys thought I would fill in some blanks. I bought an enclosure with 2 12" Kicker cvr's dual 4 ohm and a 2000w American Pro amp for 100.00 sounds pretty good. now im just looking for an amp to power these babies they sound pretty good right now but this amp is not putting out much maybe 250x2 rms at max. right now im looking at a fosgate kicker or cadence. Any suggestion would be great if not i will let you know soon what come to me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic