icon

2004 chevy blazer radio wiring pigtail?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jepiper 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Dear Sparkies, recently my better halves 2004 Blazer was broken into @ the Mall. Offcourse the JVC radio/CD player was stolen from the vehicle. The thieves damaged the radio Pigtail that connects to the main wiring harness. I repaired that & started to locate a wiring diagram or schematic for this '04 Blazer. The Chevy dealership did not even have this Info??? I found a Haynes repair manual for this vehicle & found several color code errors. Naturally, I didn't trust the Haynes manual anymore. I spoke with a local radio install shop, whom claimed that I needed an GMC factory to aftermarket adapter to the radio Pigtail. I purchased that for a $100 bucks & completed the radio installation by matching wiring color codes. I ran a new 12v + wire from the Aux. fuse box with a 15 amp fuse per the JVC instructions. I also ran a solid black ground wire to the firewall to ensure proper grounding. The radio works fine & the Blazer runs well. The PROBLEM is: When the vehicle is running & the Radio is turned off ALL is normal. Then when you turn the Radio ON, the FUEL Gauge & Volt Gauge go Flat. Zero, Zilch, Nada! There must be wires crossed somewhere to Instrumentation Panel??? Does anyone know which wires these are? How does one get a REAL wiring Schematic for this Issue? Would much appreciate any HELP on this problem.
jepiper
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

You may want to double check where you have the tap in the fuse box. This may be the corporate of your problem. Hope this helps......

Radio 12v orange   +   radio harness

Radio Ground black   -   radio harness
Radio Ignition dk. green   +   radio harness
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer)   +   radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A       
Power Antenna N/A       
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray   +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green   +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow   +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue   +,- radio harness
Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Passlock 2 Part #: 457G, 555L, or 555T
Notes: The Passlock 2 wire colors are yellow, ORANGE / black, and RED / white (not used).

jepiper 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input CHAD7n7.....I believe your advice is heading in the rite direction. Maybe there needs to be a second wire ( the YELLOW one ) ran to the Fuse Box also??? Can't believe there isn't a REAL E.I.A. schematic to be had anywhere? When I get this figured out. I'll draft one up for others if needed. JE
jepiper

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic