icon

my new revised stereo setup good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I decided to abandon the whole "stealth mode" setup on my Escalade and use some gear I already have as well. I have come up with this setup so far and would like opinions on how you guy's think this setup would sound overall...

• Head Unit - Pioneer AVIC-F900BT (Got it)
  • Amplifier - Directed 450d5 5 Channel Class AB / D (50 wrms x 4 ch @ 2 ohms Class AB for highs & 250 wrms x 1 ch @ 2 ohms Class D for sub) (Got it)
  • Door Speakers / Mids & Highs - Infinity 6022i (60 wrms 2 ohms, 6.5") for front and back doors. (Need to get)
  • Bass / Lows - Ultimate 15" 220 wrms dual 2 ohms (110 wrms per coil) x 2 in a sealed box (Got it). (Subs will be wired in parallel to 1 ohm then in series to make 2 ohms, which would make them very safe from burning out, for the 250 wrms from the amp)

I figured I might as well use what I already have with a small addition of the newer door speakers and save some money as well. Sooooo, what do you guys think of my setup??

Thanks in advance!

Mo

flogger11 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

Infinity speakers are ok at best, dont know a thing about ultimate subs.

pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Any other opinions on my complete setup?
pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
LOL, guess I will have to wire it up and let you guys know what I think eh - haha lol.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
It's all about how it sounds to you after it's installed. Most people will knock the stereo companies that don't have really good reputations but if you like it then who cares. It will be much better than stock.
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

a 15" woofer that's only rated at 220 RMS? If you're wanting something that's going to boom, that's a pretty under-powered system. Infinity is like just about any other brand, their lower end product line is good, but not great. I've owned the Reference 6022i's, they sound pretty good with an amp on them. However, if you're looking for something better in the Infinity line, a set of Kappas or, if you've got some money, the Kappa Perfects (components if you can get your hands on them) .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic