icon

2008 civic alarm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
its either the wrong wire or he got the disarm/arm reversed and its arming during remote start.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

Mark Mizenko wrote:
12Volts at rest?   You should be looking for  (-)Ground in the unlock position.

• +12v at rest is correct.
  • He is showing GROUND in the unlock position.

I'm just wondering how he has his meter hooked up, and what it's set at?   If he's looking for a ground with unlock, what does "0" mean in the unlock position? 

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
  • His meter is set for DC voltage.
  • His probes are to the wire and GROUND.
  • He is showing +12V on the wire at rest.
  • He is showing GROUND (0V) on the wire or a de-activated circuit , while the cylinder is in unlock operation.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
rtl402 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the delayed response. I was moving.
It is the brown wire coming from the driver door located behind the fuse box. Multimeter is set for DC voltage, I get 12V at rest, no voltage or ground whatever you want to call it, when the key is turned in the driver door cylinder to unlock.
I can disable the factory alarm by unlocking with the factory keypad, but the range sucks and I can't unlock the car from my front door, to remote start, and then relock the doors. R/S keypad has great distance, but doesnt help by waking the whole house from the factory alarm.
Can I permanently ground the factory arm wire so it doesnt arm again? And obviously I can put in a switch to disable this when taking the car for service.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2009 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

loneranger wrote:
Have you tried manunally disarming the factory alarm, with the factory dis-arm wire? Try to reproduce the event, by manually momentarilly grounding the factory dis-arm wire and then R/S. If it succeeds, then the issue lies with your R/S unit not providing enough current or no current, to the factory dis-arm wire. If it fails, then you need to look else where.

Have you tried this experiment yet? Most likely, it will solve your diagnostics and may prove you need a relay, to provide more current to GROUND than your R/S module is capable of. howie II was probably correct and this will prove it.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
rtl402 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
It was a pain in the butt to do this (me not being the smallest person around) but I tried running the ground to the factory disarm, hitting the RS, and still got the horn to go nuts. I spoke to honda yesterday, they said the wire I am using (confirmed by 2 techs) was the proper wire. They dont know why this is happening
nstaller36695 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like you need a data interface. and will the remote start actually start ? i didnt read whether or not it actually cranked the vehicle. most of the new interfaces shutdown the factory alarm AND allow for remote starting, ummm if this doesnt work it maybe possible you didnt ground your wire good enough before touching the fad wire. (lord knows i've fought my share of battles with ungrounded meters and test lights)
the best part of a job is seeing the bumper get smaller over the horizon
rtl402 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, remote start works fine. I took the car to the dealer to check out the issue. They said there could be a factory issue with the standard 'security' system. The tech was actually pretty intelligent and said there have been some issues lately with this. He suggested putting an inline switch on the factory arm wire to keep it from arming when not in for service.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic