icon

2008 civic immobilizer bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pilot288 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 08 civic, and am trying to put in a remote start.  I have an xpresskit canmax 400 bypass kit, but it has the wrong firmware on it.  I told them I had an 08 civic, and they gave me one with DLPKKICH8 on it.  I got the instructions off the xpresskit website for my car, and wired up as written, but the unit isn't programming.  Is this just because I have a unit with a different firmware on it.  Just to be sure that I have the right wiring, I hooked up the SINGLE WIRE CAN to a light green wire in the car, and the immobolizer data wire to a pink wire in the car.  (pins 3 and 4 if I am looking at the harness properly.  The pink wire MUST be right, as it is in pin 4 no matter which way you have the harness.  The other wire might need to be moved to a blue wire in the car, if I am looking at the harness wrong.  Any input would be helpful.  I am hoping if I just get the unit flashed with the right firmware, that I am golden.   Thanks!
xxxooo
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

You need the 400.Honda4 firmware which can only be flashed with an XKLOADER2 the regular XKLOADER won't work.

Here's the correct install guide http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=1085

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
pilot288 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.  I am going by the shop I bought the kit from to see if I can get if flashed with the right firmware.  Are you familiar with the colours I should have hooked up to??  According to the pdf file, I need pins 3 and 4, but it doesn't show which side the connector clip is on, so I might be looking at the clip backwards.  I have used pins 3 and 4 with the wire on the far laft being pin one, and this is the wire closest to the steering column.

xxxooo
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 04, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
It's the lime green connector at the ignition switch. Pin 4 is a pink which almost looks like an orange. Pin 3 is a light green if memory serves correctly. Pin 1 is a black wire.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic