icon

2003 toyota matrix remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
av8rtom 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I want to thank everyone for helping me with this install. I thought it was going to be easy. Hook this wire to that wire, and done. Well..... not so much.
Not only does the remote start not work, but the keyless entry does not work. Progress has been made on the remote start since I pulled my head out of my rear and followed instructions, but still the car does not want to start.
As for the keyless entry, I am going even more crazy. A wiring diagram here in this website said to use passenger wires in the passenger kick panel, but that didn't work. The Code Alarm website says to use wires in the driver kick panel, and that worked.......COMPLETELY OPPOSITE. Alarm arm would unlock the doors, alarm disarm would lock the doors. So I thought simply reverse the connections...... but alas, nothing worked... again.
Advise from the guys here lead me to two other wires in the driver kick panel, and still nothing worked.
I am about to take the system as-is to a professional and have them do it. I am obviously in way over my head.
av8rtom 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Guys, I can't give up on this. It HAS to be something simple I am missing. If anyone is still out there willing to help, I am looking for it.
I think I need to work on one problem at a time. I am more interested in the keyless entry at this point.
Thanks!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, for the keyless entry part:
In driver's kick panel, locate the bundle of wires coming in from the driver's door.
(Reach into the car's doorjamb, wiggle the rubber boot that carries the wires into the door, and you can see the same wires wiggling around in the inside of the car.)
Those wires terminate in two plugs. One of the plugs should have a green wire, and a blue / YELLOW wire, right next to each other.
TEST:
---The green wire should make a ground whenever you turn the KEY in the outside of the door to the lock position.
---The blue / YELLOW should make a ground when you turn the key to the unlock position.
NOTE: Again, do all testing while turning the key in the outside of the door. You do NOT want the wires that test while touching the switch on the door panel.
So, you've found your lock/unlock wires......
If I remember correctly, Code Alarm uses Green for their negative lock output, and Blue for their negative unlock output.
Should just be a matter of connecting Code green to Matrix green, and Code blue to Matrix blue / YELLOW.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Here we go, I'm probably 3 weeks late but is this a manual trannie with a clutch switch starter interlock?
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic