icon

skyline

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msmart 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, I'm intending to instal a Toad AI606  alarm in my Skyline R33 GTR, I'v done a few searches on the forum and can't find anything.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Skyline, or a data/installation sheet for this car?

Any help appriciated skyline - Last Post -- posted image.

jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
hey I did up a small system in an older skyline, it seemed surprisingly similar to an altima. nissan's generally try to stick with one idea it seems.
not sure what the system you're installing is, but it's pretty difficult to expect somebody in north america to have info on a non NA domestic market vehicle. if your system is just an alarm, or if your car does not have an immobilizer, I would just look up a similar year nissan and go with that info. of course you'll need to test all your wires, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult.
if it does have an immobilizer and you are installing a starter, you'll need to get a hold of some tech support and see if they can help you find information on the immobilizer. which unit will work with which software for your car. (just about guaranteed you can get an idatalink module to work, but you need to know what module to use, wqhat software, and what wires you'llneed to hook up to).
being that it is a nissan, it's going to have the same immobilizer system as some other nissan, again you just have to find out which one.
msmart 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it and see what ai can find out.

Mike

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Of course it doesn't qualify as a Cat 1 unless professionaly fitted, there's no UK spec on them, they were all grey imports, if I remember, you need an actuator in the driver's door for the  central locking, you need to run a wire from the switch in the trunk for the trunk (boot), either door will give you door trigger, cut ign and start in the ign switch lead, hood switch required, indicators prob GREEN/ YELLOW and GREEN/ black in floor loom at DKP. It's actually dead easy apart from the solenoid in the driver's door. Just plunge on in with a DMM. The alarm itself is pretty reliable with straight forward wiring, it fits nicely into the DKP. It comes from the same factory as Clifford/Viper product.
msmart 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Howie11, for the info, excuse my ignorance, but I'm not very good with  acronym's, what's DKM and DMM?

Cheers

MIke

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2009 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

DKP-----driver's kick panel:  the location where you can find some of your wires and stash your brain

DMM-------Digital multi-meter:  you'll need this to test the wires to find the one's you're looking for.

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
Those acronyms were deliberately placed to test your knowledge, that fact that you didn't know what they were suggests you should have this installed professionally.
msmart 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2009 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I wont be installing it alone, my mate's an electrician. Lucky me!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic