icon

dual electric fan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ga_goosh 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

yea the a/c is still deleted and it will not ever be put back on while i am the owner. the car is a 1986 toyota corolla ae86 by the way. i have all ready got the wiring diagram i need for my dual fan set up thanks to i am an idiot and dualsport. i am also wanting to learn something from all of this. so i figured why not just learn something for future reference. i know all the new cars with a/c and e fans do this to save on noise output from the fans. so my question is if i was to eliminate the lower of the 2 temp switches and added a signal from the a/c at the same place would it still work in dual speed mode? as when the a/c is on it will be in low speed and if the cooland temp reaches 200 then it will switch over to high speed. and if the a/c os off will it only work in high speed since the a/c signal is not present?

thanks for all the help

sorry i have not been able to get on in a few days

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
It would be easy enough to do whichever way you want. To have it come on with both, it will simply require another relay and a diode. The relay would be to convert the positive AC compressor feed to a negative signal to trigger the relay. The diode isolates the AC relay from the temp sensor.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic