the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

do i need replace my battery or add one?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yes...Its time to go to a shop...! (per your posts) Dont get wrapped up in adding stuff...Just do the big 3 and go from there...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
how much should they charge me for the big 3? so i dont get ripped off.
wolfox 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
imupabove wrote:
how much should they charge me for the big 3? so i dont get ripped off.
I did mine on the cheap but properly. I picked up three Autozone battery cables (With side post lugs for GM) for around $5/pop. $2.49 was spent for two 2ga copper lugs, and I crimped and soldered them on where I had to cut to length. (Buy larger, measure, cut to fit) $1.50 for each box of 10ct. 1/4" star washers and self-tapping sheet metal screws.
I would figure in your case a shop will heap on a hefty labor charge even if you brought the parts.
Life is too short to build slow computers or weak audio!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
to tell you the truth. i dont now squat about engines and what under my hood X] lol. how do i know if my alternator is good? and what kind o battery i should get regarding in getting a 2nd one.

This was why i recommended a shop...! But hey...Go ahead and tackle it yourself...Can be your first step to what could be a brillant career. do i need replace my battery or add one? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
imupabove wrote:
i dont know how to do the big three. can you please tell me the specific items i need to buy for the big 3. or do you think i should take it to a local audio shop.
What part of cali are you from I'm in cali I might be able to help you with your big 3 and save you some money. I'm in san diego
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
I'm in Bako... If you happen to be in LA, walkin and I could come tackle it for you together!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
i live near National City. where are you located at? thnx.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
I'm in Bako... If you happen to be in LA, walkin and I could come tackle it for you together!
That's quite a trip, but I come see my folks on a fairly regular basis! They live in Escondido. walkin, you into a trip to National City?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic