icon

2005 gmc sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

My friend wants me to install an alarm on his 05 sierra 4x4 quad cab.  He has manual locks so I will have to install soleniods.  Any tips or pictular soleniods to buy?  Link?  He wants to do the Viper 350HV alarm.

Thanks,

Zak

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
DEI 524 door lock actuators are what I use. I've used the Crime Guard DS2.4 before too, but have no preference between the two.
Both of those are basic 2 wire door lock actuators, and some install tips can be found here under actuators/reverse polarity. IMHO your better off using the 451m module that comes with the alarm, and following the instructions on hooking it up. You can always post back if you have any questions, or just to let us know how it turned out.
EDIT: for the 451m
cut back and tape off the white and brown wires.
use the green for (-) lock and blue for (-) unlock
plug 3 pin harness into the 350hv door lock plug.
wire both blues and both greens from the dei actuators to the blue and green from the 451m.
cheers
rtfm
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
dont you need to ground the white and brown wires from the 451m and hook the purple to constant in order to do reverse polarity for actuators?
spookiestylez 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
dont you need to ground the white and brown wires from the 451m and hook the purple to constant in order to do reverse polarity for actuators?
I'm glad you said that, and that you corrected me. I was thinking of something totally different. The CORRECT way would be:
WHITE/ Black (-)
BROWN / Black (-)
Violet      (+)
Blue/Black (blue unlock wires on actuators)
GREEN/ Black (green lock wires on actuators)
And attach the 3 pin doorlock harness to the brain of your unit.
rtfm
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
i wasn't very sure either. it's been a looong time since i had to do that, i just remembered having to do something with the white and brown wires.
glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, just waiting for him to give me the money to buy the parts now.
spookiestylez 
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
i wasn't very sure either. it's been a looong time since i had to do that, i just remembered having to do something with the white and brown wires.
I check my post periodically after I post, so if you didn't reply then he might have gotten the wrong information.
Glass22: be sure to let us know how everything turns out or post back for any other questions you have.
cheers
rtfm
glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

ok don't worry I will post any questions.  looks like it won't be till the end of july.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic