icon

06 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
8mpg 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
New to the audio stuff.. Im going to run a single RF 12" 4ohm sub in the truck. RF calls for a 1ct ft box. Im going to build a box that is .98 cu ft and its close enough. Im wondering what amp to run with it. Im completely lost. Im looking for a good clean sound, not to shake the world.
From what I have read, it seems to be better to run a single channel amp because Im only running one speaker. Also running 8 ohm on the amp would be better overall.
What amp would you recommend and what is the best way to wire it?
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of truck a reg cab ,quad cab? If its a reg cab you can see mine in the rides gallery.Also If it calls for 1cu.ft. it should be bit bigger than that if your not counting speaker displacement. How many watts rms can the sub handle? Is it dvc4ohm or svc 4ohm.The 8ohm load only puts less stress on your amp but might not sound to good depending on what your after.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
spmpdr wrote:
what kind of truck a reg cab ,quad cab? If its a reg cab you can see mine in the rides gallery.Also If it calls for 1cu.ft. it should be bit bigger than that if your not counting speaker displacement. How many watts rms can the sub handle? Is it dvc4ohm or svc 4ohm.The 8ohm load only puts less stress on your amp but might not sound to good depending on what your after.
Its a 06 Dodge Ram Megacab.
Speakers are dual voice coil and 4 ohm. Im thinking of possibly a 2 channel bridged to 4ohm
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
If it were me I would run a monoblock stable at 2ohmsthat matches the watts rms of the speaker and wire the sub in parallel to give it a 2ohm load,If you bridged your amp it would not give it.a 4ohm load.Are we talking more than on sub now because first you mentioned a single sub and now your saying speakers?What about your box size? How many watts rms are the sub(s)?
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry... 1 single Rockford Fosgate 12" sub. Box calculates to 1.04 cu ft and the speaker is .07cu ft...so just a hair under 1cu ft. RF recommends 1 cu ft.
The sub is a 400w RMS
RF P3SD12 4ohm
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
ok find a decent monoblock that is 400 watts rms and wire your sub according to the wiring wizard on this site ,I believe it is option 1 in 1 speaker 4ohm dvc section .It is a parallel wiring setup that will give you a 2ohm load wich is exactly what you want (all the power and stability for your amp. thats it there you go. Dont get a cheap amp if you want reliability and power.Make sure the amp is stable a 2ohm and preferably a class d
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
recommendations on an amp? I keep reading and reading and lots of companies used to be good...then they went to crap. The companies I knew were good back in the day (orion, phoenix gold, hifonics) are all junk it seems.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
I only use jl audio, memphis for monoblocks or sub amps and kenwood or mb quart for mids and highs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic