Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
drummerdude wrote:
KPierson wrote:

- if you want more detailed information maybe you would be better off asking in a tiburon specific forum instead of a general 12vdc forum.

see, now that is a valid answer to the question. I would expect no replies before I would have expected people to tell me to use a multimeter or tell me where it is when the name gives me the same answer.

But that's the thing - you came to a professional installer site and asked for help.  We helped you by telling you to do what a professional would do.  When professional installers install alarms they don't have pictures, just a sheet of paper that may or may not have the correct wire color and general location.  To an installer, a DMM is their best friend.  You take whatever information you can get, grab your meter, and jump in until you find everything you need!  Sometimes you test 4 or 5 wires before you find the correct one, it's just a part of it.

Kevin Pierson
drummerdude 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
drummerdude wrote:
KPierson wrote:

- if you want more detailed information maybe you would be better off asking in a tiburon specific forum instead of a general 12vdc forum.

see, now that is a valid answer to the question. I would expect no replies before I would have expected people to tell me to use a multimeter or tell me where it is when the name gives me the same answer.

But that's the thing - you came to a professional installer site and asked for help.  We helped you by telling you to do what a professional would do.  When professional installers install alarms they don't have pictures, just a sheet of paper that may or may not have the correct wire color and general location.  To an installer, a DMM is their best friend.  You take whatever information you can get, grab your meter, and jump in until you find everything you need!  Sometimes you test 4 or 5 wires before you find the correct one, it's just a part of it.

I asked for help with a question, you guys ignored the question and answered what I already know, I figured with all the professional installers somebody would have some insight into that specific car, not how they would tell, but where they found the wire when they did this particular car. some of you answered because it feels good to help solve someone's problems espescially when you know more than they do, but I have only had that one posts even attempt to answer my question. thanks for the replies but I already know how to test wires, and just want car specific answers. if you can't help with 97 tiburon specific answers then thanks, but no thanks

I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

drummerdude wrote:
I do have a digital multimeter, but I do not have the time to test the probably 60+ wires. that will work if I knew what harness it was and didn't know the color. thanks for the reply though.

Yet still he has time to waste sitting in front of his pc arguing with you guys. ’97 hyundai tiburon alarm wiring problem - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. 

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
drummerdude 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2009 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

drummerdude wrote:
I do have a digital multimeter, but I do not have the time to test the probably 60+ wires. that will work if I knew what harness it was and didn't know the color. thanks for the reply though.

Yet still he has time to waste sitting in front of his pc arguing with you guys. ’97 hyundai tiburon alarm wiring problem - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image. 

being married with a child and living across town from my parents leaves me plenty more time in front of my pc, and on top of that it is a daily driver and can't be replaced, and the other day I got rained and had to stop and it will be another week or two before I can finish the wiring so i will spend plenty of time trying to get my question answered, BUT THANKS ANYWAY FOR YOUR USELESS 2 CENTS

I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic