icon

2003 honda accord navigation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
looking to add navigation to 2003 honda accord in the cd storage area under the OEM stereo..any success stories,schematics?
one love
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2009 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Space is large enough to accomadate a double din unit, but I've only ever had the oportunity to install single din equipment. shouldn't be too difficult
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
I have done DD units there and used a small CB speaker under the dash for audio from the unit. I have also done single dins but have found the screen doesn't clear the large lip above(and below the stereo) and won't flip out all the way....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lil evo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
I have done DD units there and used a small CB speaker under the dash for audio from the unit. I have also done single dins but have found the screen doesn't clear the large lip above(and below the stereo) and won't flip out all the way....

Um.......a CB speaker? Why not just unplug the factory radio and use the existing audio system? 03-07 Accord uses a standard 98+ Honda harness, there's an antenna junction right in front of the shifter for you AM/FM. Not exactly a fun install, but pretty straight forward, no need to sacrafice sound quality (not to mention the use of all your existing speakers) by using a CB speaker.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
Your missing the point, when we do them(and the reason for not removing the factory radio to begin with) is to retain it for the cars sound system. We use the nav for just nav and use the factory radio for the sound system. This way you don't have a dead component in the dash. Why would you install a single din in the console when you can just buy a kit and stick it in the dash???
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lil evo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
ok ok, i see what you're saying now, my bad. I thought we were talking about running an actual head unit (cd, dvd, navi, ipod, etc) through a CB speaker and not using the other speakers at all, and it had me scratching my head. I'm totally with ya on the dead HU though, but unfortunetly that's the way a lot of customers end up going. The kit to replace the whole HVAC/Factory radio retails upwards of $200 and tends to scare  people off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic