icon

2000 daewoo lanos / ccs 100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotrod8983 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, here we go.  I've installed a brand new unit into a 2000 Lanos.  I have double, triple, and quadruple checked all of the connections, double, triple, and quadruple checked the dip switches, and also checked the brake lights.  I even went so far as to pay an install shop to solder the VSS and tach wires just to be sure that I didn't have an 'iffy' connection there.  The cable is not binding, I have plenty of vaccum, and all of the trouble shooting tests check out.  I have power to the unit, (the little green LED lights up when I turn it on), but it will not set at any speed.  Is there a reset process that I could try just in case the system needs to be reset?  I'm at my wit's end here!

Dan

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
When you checked your electrical system, what did you check? You must use a digital volt/ohm meter. With the ignition turned off, check the resistance to ground on both the black and violet wire. You should have no resistance to ground on the black wire and less than 10 ohms resistance to ground on the voilet wire. If you have a bad reading on the black wire, repair your ground. If you have a high reading on the violet wire, then you have a problem in your brake light circuit. Check for blown bulbs or bad connections. Turn the ignition ON. For a Open circuit switch - Push and hold the set button. You should get 12 volts on the green wire. Push and hold the resume button. You should get 12 volts on the yellow wire. For a Closed circiut switch you will get 12 volts on both the yellow and green wires while pushing the resume switch. To check for VSS, set your meter to AC voltage. Measure from ground to the gray wire. Moving the vehicle ahead about 40-50 feet and you should see AC voltage. To check the Tach, keep your meter set to AC voltage and ground the black probe. Measure the blue tach wire. You should see anywhere from 1 to 9 volts AC with the engine running. The voltage will increase with RPM. Make sure that the cruise module is not near another computer or high voltage to prevent interference. If you have to change any DIP switches, make sure to unplug the cruise power harness for any changes to take affect. If your vacuum source is good (off engine) then you may have a bad cruise unit. Good luck.
sparky
hotrod8983 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much for the suggestions.  I'll let you know what I find.

hotrod8983 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

All hail sparkie!! You're a lifesaver, dude.  My first mistake was in assuming that the connectors provided in the kit would actually, oh, I don't know....CONNECT?  I found massive resistance in the purple wire which was connected by a scotchlock connector.  I stripped the wires and connected them with a wire nut connector and away we went. Everything works perfectly.  I can't thank you enough.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm happy I could help.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic